The comprehensive food
safety information website
R&D Food Technician - Sukhi’s Gourmet Indian Foods
Sukhi’s Gourmet Indian Foods is looking for an R&D Food Technician to join one of the fastest growing food companies in California. The R&D Food Technician will be responsible for performing functions relating to the development of new products, sample preparation, packaging /shipment and continual improvement of existing products. The individual must effectively multi-task and ensure R&D projects meet established timelines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Support the development of new products, demonstrating a clear understanding of basic food manufacturing principles.
· Accurately weighs ingredients and blends as prescribed by the supervisor.
· Following prescribed procedures, prepares samples for presentation.
· Establish formulas and procedures for new products.
· Modify and improve existing products as directed.
· Provide cost information regarding new products and formulation changes.
· Prepare nutritional analysis information.
· Maintain product pars & inventory levels of test kitchen ingredients while also maintaining a daily schedule of kitchen projects and activities.
· Focused effort on sanitation and safety and keeping the R&D kitchen organized. (Clean up and organize all food product inventory)
· Research equipment and ingredients needed for processing of new products.
· Coordinate and communicate technical product information to other departments.
· Test competitive products.
· Attend seminars, food shows, and events as required.
· Support the Sales and Marketing Departments on product innovations, trade shows and product sampling.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required. AA degree preferred or a one year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience working in a R&D environment with a food manufacturer preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge or abilities:
· Technical knowledge in the composition and functionality of food preparation.
· Good cooking skills, garnishing skills, and a good sense of taste and smell.
· Focused with good note-taking skills.
· Ability to follow direction well.
· Detail oriented and accurate.
· Creativity and problem analysis skills.
· Ability to manage and organize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
· Competence with Microsoft Office software and skilled in using a calculator.
· Well developed interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
Requires standing for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, frequent lifting of material up to 50 pounds and frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing and pulling.
Need to be flexible and available to evenings or weekends based on business need.
Sukhi’s Gourmet Indian Foods is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com