Food Safety Validation Scientist
Research & Development
THIS POSITION MAY BE
LOCATED IN VALHALLA NY, PLANO TX, OR BARRINGTON IL
· Implement PepsiCo Global Policy on the requirements for validation of all processes which have the potential to inactivate vegetative pathogens by thermal or non-thermal methods.
· Evaluate novel technology development for compliance with PepsiCo Food Safety standards and conduct validation trials on new equipment, new technologies, new installations and new product launches.
· Provide leadership and contribute as an technical SME to the GBG group
· Establish protocols, provide tools, and training for global assessment of all existing thermal and non-thermal processes.
· Validate, verify, or establish critical control criteria where applicable
· Validate the capabilities and boundaries of PepsiCo processes so we can appropriately mitigate any potential food safety opportunities
· Support the Regional Thermal Process Authority to provide Risk Assessment, Risk Management, Control & Validation requirements to ensure safe stable, and legal production of Beverages and Foods,
· Support ongoing quality auditing function for these products.
· Maintain regulatory compliance policies worldwide
· Develop and support knowledge transfer and employee capability programs for Thermal and Non-thermal processing and food safety programs
· Take a broad leadership role in the implementation and maintenance of thermal and non-thermal process and the validation thereof. This will require the individual to execute work beyond the scope of their individual technical function in order to assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed approaches, techniques, and/or equipment design.
· Facilitate the transition to a common thermal process and operational standard across all PepsiCo facilities. Communicating and implementing to Operations and the co-manufacturers will be QA's responsibility.
· Participate in the development of the direction of standardized thermal and non-thermal systems for PepsiCo and collaboration to harmonize all such systems.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Engineering, or other related technical field with a minimum of 7 years of direct experience in Thermal and non-thermal Processing. Master's or PhD in Engineering, Food Science, or Microbiology preferred.
· Must have an understanding of the following; thermal bacteriology, Low acid, low moisture products and associated regulated foods including aseptics, process calculations and lethality determination, validation protocols, data collection and complex lethality calculations.
· Individual will have experience in the development or manufacturing of a variety of processing platforms such as; dairy, juices, preserved beverages, baking, HPP, irradiation, e-beam, UV, etc. and/or protein based beverage or food products.
· Demonstrated ability to identify technical gaps in application of above technologies as it pertains to commercial sterility of the product, identify and lead statistically sound bio-validation research to mitigate such gaps by leveraging internal partners or external organizations
· Individual will need to understand business strategies, culture and work necessary to achieve results.
· Persevere in times of crisis and handle adverse circumstances effectively. Assist people through change and transformation effectively.
· Capable of influencing people regarding quality systems.
· A team oriented person with skills that effectively bring people and issues to decisive resolution. Achieve results consistently despite obstacles.
· Monitor progress against goals, identify issues and takes corrective action early.
· Manages related functional activities to ensure the alignment of team priorities with broader organizational initiatives, and works to set culture and tone for their area. Must be innovative, detail oriented, self directed and have good problem solving skills. Acts as a peer coach to junior scientists and other non-technical associates.
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
Job Ref: 81743BR
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org