R&D Associate Scientist
Research & Development
· Supports projects and coordinates internal research directed towards the discovery and testing of new sugar reduction tools
· Executes research that define physicochemical properties of sugar reduction tools
· Executes research defining sugar reduction tool thermal, photo, and pH stability
· Documentation of research using electronic lab notebooks, compiling and presenting data, and archiving research appropriately
· Provide research updates at bi-weekly meetings
· Ensure laboratory equipment functions properly, and maintain consumables stores
· Supports broader team with the development of sugar reduction tools
· Demonstrates the skills necessary to efficiently test ingredients and avoid ingredient back logs
· Generate reports and presentations summarizing results of each ingredient tested and archive data
· Demonstrate task ownership and the organizational skills necessary to effectively move ingredients through the screening phase for transfer to Product Applications
· Execute ingredient physicochemical testing independently and support senior scientists managing each ingredient project.
· Ability to maintain sound relationships with internal partners via communication of project needs and timing.
· Ability to manage, balance, and prioritize multiple ingredient projects to assure appropriate internal support is provided, and that data and communications are generated real time/organized appropriately.
· Ability to compile data and research reports independently to drive through put.
· Remaining flexible and comfortable doing both scientific critical thinking and routine applied bench work.
· A team player that assumes ownership of assignments with sound organizational and planning skills
· Good technical writing and communication skills including Excel and PowerPoint functionality
· Open-minded, innovative, takes initiatives, and a practical problem-solver
· Ability to work on multiple priorities at one time
· Report relevant observation of unexpected events during experiments
· Excellent technical bench skills for quantitative sample and stock solution preparation
· Experience preparing beverage and syrup samples, and conducting directional sensory testing protocols
· Programming experience translatable to Excel macros is desired
· Solid background in organic and physical chemistry is desired
Knowledge & Experience
· BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science or related fields with 1-2 years' industry experience
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
Job Ref: 79540BR
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org