R&D Prod Dev Assoc Scientist
Research & Development
How do you get athletes and exercisers to
play harder and perform better for longer amounts of time? How do you balance
biological needs with cultural wants, while minimizing impacts to local
ecosystems? At PepsiCo, we're rethinking research and development to look
beyond flavor, color and intensity of taste. As we study and understand how
the body metabolizes foods and beverages, we're designing convenience
products that make it easier for consumers to lead healthier lifestyles. Our
global team of clinicians, epidemiologists, quality professionals and food
scientists are working to develop new products that can improve people's
diets and their lives. Join our team of experts who use the most advance
technologies and scientific methods with the purpose of improving lives every
day. We are in need of a Product Development Associate Scientist.
· Utilize scientific methods to develop knowledge that creates business opportunities that support the company strategic market objectives.
· Provide technical and business risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development.
· Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process issues. Know in detail and follow the innovation process to ensure a robust product design
· Leverage external and internal experts for key analytical and sensory research.
· Perform basic economic evaluations on ingredients, ingredient suppliers, and product formulations.
· Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
· Develop complete product attribute specifications for new products.
· Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
· Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Purchasing, Engineering, and other groups.
· Partnering with R&D disciplines as Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Nutrition, and Regulatory to ensure a robust, safe and legal product design.
Education / Certifications/Work Experience:
· B.S. in Food Science & Technology or related scientific field; ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of experience in product development.
Skills & Capabilities:
· Detail oriented individual who can support accelerated product development life cycles that include new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization, production start-up for test market and national launching of new products
· Ability to quickly learn, demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and formulate products
· Ability to self initiate and manage multiple project tasks independently to meet business objectives and to support the individuals of the workgroup
· Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments.
· Strong communication skills (oral and written), ability to communicate and highlight risks.
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
Job Ref: 81346BR
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com