Certification Auditor - Food Safety -
Chicago, IL (Midwest) Job
Date: Dec 18, 2012
Location: Chicago, IL, US
To control, lead and manage all functions related to conducting of 2nd and
3rd party audits responsible for ensuring that all SGS specified requirements
are adhered so to conduct assessment work with the goal of assisting clients
improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their food safety management
systems through the assessment process. This includes exceeding customer
expectations in our auditing and assessment functions and providing a
continual network system of follow-up and support to the client.
SSC Food Product Manager
- Qualify as a Lead Auditor in more that one
standard (i.e. Food Safety management/Quality Management system standard )
and conduct integrated audit where required as per SSC guidance and
instructing of SSC Food Product manager.
- Conduct Sales/Marketing presentations of SSC services and technical advice
to those marketing and sale function where required.
- Conducting public presentations / seminars on specific standards where
- Report any customer complaints, problems and or system deficiencies to the
Food Certification management / certification manager and SSC business
- Conduct Assessment achieving the standard level; be on time arrival,
delivery audit report within target time frame
- Bachelor degree in Food Science or Bio Science is most preferable
(consideration will be given to other science as well i.e. chemical science
depend on the additional training course attended related to food subject)
- At least 5 years work experience of proven management function in food
industry with minimum 2 years work experience in Quality assurance function
or food safety management system coordination.
- Qualified as SQF, BRC, IFS and/or ISO22000 is
preferable. (Especially high risk products).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical, decisive, adaptable, ethical, problem solver, persuasive.
- Logical system approach to problem solving
- Ability to write clear and precise reports.
- Team player with ability to operate without close supervision
- Computer literate
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of
duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the
job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market:
Audit, Safety, Food Safety, Quality Manager, Customer
Service, Finance, Service, Quality