Assurance Food Safety Specialist-BLO00068 –
Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
Quality Assurance and Food Safety Specialist (QAFSS) is ultimately
responsible for the development and implementation of adequate Food Safety
and Quality Assurance programs that meet the requirements of our customers,
Cargill and external agencies. The implemented systems should include
methods, procedures, maintenance, calibration, cross-checks, training,
auditing, raw materials verification, purchasing and
supplier qualification. The QAFSS must facilitate training programs
to ensure sufficient knowledge of QA and Food Safety for members of the
· Ensure the QA and Food Safety management systems are developed and implemented on site, including full implementation of applicable prerequisite programs and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
· Awareness of all applicable methods and tools for continuous improvement of food and feed safety, product quality, and processing efficiency are available to the entire facility staff. Create a multifunctional food and feed safety team and facilitate regularly scheduled meetings.
· Ensure final product safety, regulatory and quality compliance.
· The QAFSS will be the primary contact for customer interaction including, customer visits, response to audits and corrective actions, and relationship tracking.
· Facilitate the audit process including preparation, audit activities, investigation of non conformances and the corrective action development and implementation.
· Facilitation and follow up of process support activities
· Work with the facility production staff regarding strategic planning - automation, instrumentation, data analysis and management, and quality improvement as it pertains to product quality and feed safety
· Have complete knowledge and understanding of all Corporate and Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain North America (GOSCNA) business unit policies and procedures regarding Food Safety and Quality Assurance
· Provide support to operators and supervisors utilizing knowledge of QA and Food and Feed Safety policies in decision making and problem solving.
· Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) or at least five years experience in a processing facility
· Knowledge of quality assurance and food safety concepts
· Strong computer skills; intermediate level or above in Microsoft Excel, Work, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Must possess strong mathematical and analytical skills, including ability to apply concepts such as probability and statistical inference
· Ability to effectively lead and communicate around changing expectations
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Demonstrated self-starter, ability to take initiative in designing and developing programs
· Possess the verbal and written skills necessary to communicate clearly and concisely with all functions at the facility including operators, supervisors, lab staff, merchants, and accounting.
· Ability to logically troubleshoot and solve problems in the lab as well as with the process
· Physical ability to perform site inspections including walking, climbing, entering confined spaces, lifting 50 lbs
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 131,000 people in 66 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit www.cargill.com.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com