• Develop product
formulations for new products and matching competitive products to meet
• Provide and document formula modifications as required and requested for
• Identify, approve and write specifications for new and existing
ingredients. Write complete and accurate product specification sheets as
• Maintain current and accurate product formulations utilizing the
• Assist in maintaining a current and accurate ingredient database for all
ingredients utilizing computer software program.
• Collaborate with associated production plants to establish manufacturing
procedures, being present as necessary.
• Conduct plant trials for the purpose of producing samples for customer
evaluation and/or approving manufacturing plant, procedures or new product
• Prepare product samples to fill customer sample requests.
• Support the Sales staff through direct discussions with customers
regarding product characteristics and performance as required.
• Tests new products in test kitchen and develops specific processing
methods in laboratory pilot plant.
• Responsible for following Good Lab Practices, Good Manufacturing
• Communicates findings to supervisor or the organization verbally and in
• Investigates, troubleshoots complaints and makes resolution while
working with the Quality Department.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Bachelor's degree (B.
A.) in Food Science or Dairy Science from four-year college or university;
MUST HAVE five to seven years related experience and/or training in
product development and ingredient functionality.
Masters degree(M.S.) in
Food Science or Dairy Science, and one to three years related experience
and/or training in product development and ingredient functionality.
Are you looking
for a company with science in its DNA?
Lab Support, a division
of On Assignment, is a recognized leader in the scientific staffing
industry. Since 1985, our sole focus has been to place scientific
professionals at all career levels in contract, contract-to-hire and
direct hire positions. With a reputation for one-to-one career counseling
and a track record that includes the placement of over 200,000 scientists,
Lab Support has built a reputation as one of the best in the business.
Lab Support is supported
by a nationwide network of branches serving all major markets,
international branches in Europe, relationships with leading scientific
companies and over 20 years of experience.