Food Scientist-WIC02401 – Wichita, KS
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Pork’s commitment to providing the best, most wholesome pork products for our customers and consumers has been founded in industry-leading animal welfare and processing practices as well as innovation in our product and brand offerings. We are proud to partner and serve esteemed brands like Excel® fresh meats, Good Nature™ pork, Sterling Silver® premium meats, Rumba® meats and Tender Choice® pork for a multitude of commercial, retail and foodservice customers. Together as Cargill Pork, we create potential for customers and communities.
Cargill Shared Services has an opportunity available for a Food Scientist, located in Wichita, KS. This position will conduct research and lead projects aligned with the business unit strategy. Project leadership or technical support will be provided for: 1) New product development for product line growth, including the consideration of Information Protection (IP) and its role in differentiating products, 2) Improvement and defense of existing products and IP, 3) Process improvements including technical troubleshooting, testing new technology for labor/expense reduction, and technical support for sales. Cross functional collaboration is essential working with operations, sales, marketing, procurement and technical services. In areas of expertise or extensive experience, mentoring or technical assistance will be provided to team members.
· 40% - Process and Product Improvement: Provide technical assistance and leadership for the improvement of products and processes. This could be either through specific projects or provided targeted support for sales team members on specific products (Customer Focused or High Performance Innovation). High Performance Innovation projects could also be part of this, evaluating value optimization in different segments of the business.
· 40% - New Product Development: Research and develop innovative customer focused products, services and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products that are aligned with BU growth and strategy (Customer Focused Innovation).
· 15% - Collaboration: Develop business unit collaboration within project teams and reach outside the BU and Platform where appropriate.
· 05% - IP Management: Build, Maintain and Defend IP Portfolio where aligned with project and BU strategy.
· Bachelor’s of Science degree in animal science, food/meat science, culinary arts or agriculture field.
· A minimum of 2 years experience in new product development, commercialization of new products and/or research.
· Proven background in data analysis, experimental design, and technical writing.
· Highly motivated individual with effective communication (verbal and written), and project management skills.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to travel up to 30%.
· Ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of subject matter expertise.
· Willingness to champion a culture of safety.
· Must be detail oriented, particularly in data organization and management.
· Competency and understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
· Master’s degree, Ph.D., or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
· Five years experience in new product development, commercialization of new products and/or research working with fresh or processed meats.
· Competency with statistical software.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org