Food Safety Manager - Memphis, TN
Immediate need. Must be open to all days and shifts
· Ensure the development, compliance, and certification of HACCP and other food safety programs for a specific manufacturing location.
· Ensure the facility delivers the required standards of food safety according to policies, procedures, and practices.
· Responsible to manage facility inspections, traceability, testing, vendor auditing, and microbial program compliance.
· Responsible for the delivery of continuous improvement and working with Corporate Quality in the execution of company programs.
· Deliver these accountabilities through direct involvement with manufacturing support personnel.
· Responsible to ensure Microbial program compliance and sanitation compliance.
· Accountable for allergen program management and compliance.
· Ensure key traceability, inspection program management, vendor management, and microbial program metrics are established, and the delivery of the established metrics and Key Performance Indices.
· Ensure adherence to required food safety laws, regulations, corporate policies and practices.
· Reports to the Quality & Food Safety Manager
· Interact with all levels of management at the facility, to include the Operations Manager and his/her direct reports, supervisors and operators. Also, may interact with Corporate Quality & Food Safety personnel.
Work collaboratively across all necessary function of the facility to ensure adherence to established programs and practices.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Work environment includes plant, warehouse, and plant grounds.
Must be physically capable of lots of walking, climbing, squatting etc. to complete job duties.
Computer skills required—Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
Incumbent must be able to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
Public contact required with numerous vendors, trainers, etc.
This position may require approximately 5% travel and work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays.
BA degree in food science, microbiology, or equivalent and 5 to 7 years experience in quality & food safety is required.
Thorough technical knowledge of quality & food
- safety is required.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, analytical ability, leadership strengths and ability to work effectively with a team are required.
- Computer software skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Candidate preferred qualifications:
- Food processing and packaging is desired.
Experience in managing processes is preferred
This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies. Additionally, the ability to interact well with other employees and work varied hours, as necessary, is required. All employees are responsible for implementing EEO policy and Affirmative Action commitments.
Are you looking for a company with science in its DNA?
Lab Support, a division of On Assignment, is a recognized leader in the scientific staffing industry. Since 1985, our sole focus has been to place scientific professionals at all career levels in contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire positions. With a reputation for one-to-one career counseling and a track record that includes the placement of over 200,000 scientists, Lab Support has built a reputation as one of the best in the business.
Lab Support is supported by a nationwide network of branches serving all major markets, international branches in Europe, relationships with leading scientific companies and over 20 years of experience.
For more information visit us online at labsupport.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org