Quality & Food Safety Technologist-BUR00132 - Illinois
The Quality & Food Safety (Q&FS) Technologist provides leadership to develop, implement, maintain and proactively improve quality management programs, methods and systems to assure product, processes, and environments conform to established Mars Quality standards.
The Q&FS Technologist proactively identifies improvements to quality systems to minimize quality and/or food safety risks to the business and maintains strong preventative programs. The position acts as a technical resource for interpretation of data, problem-solving and conducting process capability studies.
The position backs up the Q&FS Manager during absences and is expected to be the lead on technical reports and making recommendations to the business based on process data.
The job also involves training associates, conducting internal process audits, and assuring corrective actions are appropriately implemented. The Q&FS Technologist promotes product safety and product quality awareness to supply and other functions within the site at all times.
· Conduct process capability analysis for site systems & lines
· Lead associate training and implementation of tools based on quality & technical needs
· Lead a Community of Practice. Drive improvements to process or systems across all sites
· Lead quality or process improvement projects with impact for the site using Lean Six Sigma methods
· Support line trials of new products as the key quality process & technical resource
· Drive experimental design and oversee new equipment or technology installation
· Propose and implement a continuous improvement process. Run and lead Q&FS Continuous Improvement projects
· Display a passion for quality & food safety
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
· Excellent statistical, analytical and troubleshooting skills with experience in Lean Six Sigma
· Strong questioning and probing skills to discover issues and to verify the accuracy of information, results, and data.
· Strong knowledge of ISO, Quality Management Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Systems (HACCP), Regulatory Guidelines, Sensory, and/or Microbiology
· Proven application of quality tools
· Excellent knowledge of computer software including: word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, macros, etc.
· Ability to work with others in R&D, Manufacturing and/or Distribution to improve product, processes and systems
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, influence, negotiate, motivate and lead a team
· Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize own workload
· Ability to effectively negotiate and persuade with all levels of the organization
· Ability to make timely, consistent and well balanced decisions
· Demonstrate effective technical writing and oral communication skills
· Presentation skills for delivering training programs to a wide variety of audiences
· Self-discipline with initiative to carry out improvements of job-related responsibilities
· Flexibility to adapt to regularly changing priorities and quality issues
· Ability to handle sensitive information
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2+ years of relevant experience in a food manufacturing environment and/or related industries. Experience in a technical support area such as Engineering, Quality Control/Assurance, R&D, or Laboratory Services
· Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
· B.S. degree in Engineering, Statistics, Food Science discipline, or related field (Biological, Food Technology, Biotechnology, Mathematics)
· 3-5 years of relevant experience in a food manufacturing environment and/or related industries. Experience in a technical support area such as Engineering, Quality Control/Assurance, R&D, or Laboratory Services
· Six sigma black belt or green belt
· Proven application of problem-solving, root cause analysis, project management, laboratory methodologies, food science, statistical process control
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org