Quality & Food Safety Technologist-MAT00039 - Illinois
Purpose of this Role
This position is responsible for developing and implementing innovative solutions to site based quality systems to ensure operational conformance to consumer and customer expectations.
As a site based R&D resource, this position requires working closely with supply, maintenance, engineering, logistics, central and global quality, food safety & distribution systems specialists and regulatory affairs to identify opportunities to improve product quality, systems and safety.
This position is also responsible for acquiring and understanding the advancement of global petfood processes and auditing techniques to drive appropriate innovations for the site.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
As a Quality Services associate who represents the R&D and the business, the jobholder must possess a high degree of initiative, responsibility, work ethic, and flexibility. The associate must be willing to involve himself / herself in any aspect that relates to our company's products or activities, even if such aspect is not directly related to other parts of this job description.
· Facilitate and document site based hold management systems (FGS/Marc or SPEDE/PRMS), requirements and procedures including product disposition and destruction in accordance with Mars Quality and Food Safety Standards
· Facilitate/lead plant microbiology testing program including data analysis, trending, reporting and recommendations.
· Facilitate and document Risk Assessment process for all new commodities in accordance with Mars regulatory requirements.
· Food Safety Representative for Site HACCP Team.
· Facilitate site based audit program for quality systems compliance, pest control, product traceability and food safety in accordance with Mars Inc. Quality and Foods Safety Standards and FDA regulations
· Facilitate site based quality systems to assess compliance to published product and process specifications
· Maintain site Statistical Process Control systems including deviation reporting and recommendations Design, develop and implement site based programs to trend, report and address consumer feedback information
· Maintain current recipe database system and verify new recipe accuracy prior to implementation. Approves and communicates appropriate CRC's (controlled recipe Changes)
· Design, develop and provide quality systems training and education programs for site based Associates as needed
Mission Critical Competencies
Science and Technology
Integrity & Trust
Problem Solving Skills
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
· Knowledge of the Windows working environment including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Strong background in math and computers; working knowledge of descriptive statistics
· Basic understanding of site accounting and financial systems
· Proven application of engineering principles, laboratory methodologies, food science, statistics, and quality tools.
· Strong oral, listening, and written communication skills in order to communicate with all levels of the organization
· Strong project management and planning skills with proven ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
· Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills, and the ability to effectively negotiate, influence, and persuade.
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence, motivate, and lead a team.
· Building and sustaining relationships to ensure a strong team environment.
· Strong decision making skills and prioritization skills.
· Ability to work independently without supervision as well as within a team setting.
· Attention to detail required when working with scientific data and analysis.
· Able to travel up to 10%.
· Ability to work different schedules as needed for testing and projects.
· Ability to work in a pet food factory environment with noise, raw meats, automated machinery etc.
· Physical requirements: Sufficient mobility, strength, flexibility, hearing, and sight to access all job relevant areas of warehouse in a high forklift traffic environment and perform routine activities as necessary to deliver required results. Some pushing/pulling, bending/stooping, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.) necessary.
· Food Science, engineering, biological sciences, chemistry, or equivalent BS degree preferred.
· Preferred 1 year experience in a Quality, Food Safety, Regulatory Services, or Engineering area
· Working knowledge of petfood processing and packaging
· Ability and aptitude to work in an R&D, Manufacturing, and/or Distribution environment
· Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP's), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Systems (HACCP), ISO, Regulatory Guidelines, Sensory, and/or Microbiology
Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare
US offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining
great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care
coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled
career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org