Associate Food Scientist – Lisle, IL
John Morrell Food Group located in Lisle, IL is currently looking for an Associate Food Scientist. This position will be responsible for:
· Develop new products and line extensions from bench top to commercialization.
· Perform pilot plant tests to generate product prototypes.
· Run production tests at manufacturing plants as required.
· Work with on-line formulation data base system to create or adjust product formulations.
· Maintain accurate project files, formulations, specifications and project data.
· Document progress, organizes product reviews, and provides oral and written progress updates.
· Work with cross functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Finance, Engineering, Quality, Process Control, etc.) in projects requiring product development support.
· Continuously improve and update food/meat science and product development skills through appropriate training and other learning activities/
· USDA/FDA regulations and hands-on working in projects.
· Assist other R&D team members as required.
· Ability to work with pilot plant equipment with minimal supervision.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills.
· Knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations.
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing situations.
· Proficient in on-line work systems and product development software tools.
· Willingness to travel 25-30% of the time; may occasionally need to travel more, depending on project needs.
· 0-2 years relevant experience
· BS in Food Science, Meat Science or related field
· MS in Food Science, Meat Science or related field preferred
Lisle, Illinois, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com