Food Technologist - American Canyon/Napa, CA
· Job ID:
· Location:American Canyon/Napa
· Major:Food Science/Microbiology
Microbiologist, Quality Control/Quality Assurance, Quality Technologist
JOB SUMMARY: Position provides technical support in optimizing processes and product specifications. Technologist conducts routine evaluations of products and competitor monitoring. Position provides technical support to QA, Operations and Sales and supports new product development initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Supports product improvements through technical studies that include experimental design, data collection and analysis. Makes recommendations on potential product improvements.
2. Supports Operations in implementing new processes to the manufacturing floor, working closely with all to ensure a smooth transition.
3. Provides technical support to QA, Operations and Sales including new product sample preparations for customers.
4. Conducts shelf life studies, competitive cuttings and other product monitoring.
5. Keeps documentation on formulas, processes and specifications up to date.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: 1. Food science & manufacturing process knowledge and experience required in combination with education.
2. Understanding of key ingredient functionality, processing functions and product attributes.
3. Knowledge of labeling requirements, including ingredients, nutrition and claims.
4. Ability to organize, manage projects, and set priorities to meet project dead lines.
8. Thoroughness and attention to detail.
9. Ability to efficiently organize work tasks and time.
10. Good oral and written communication skills.
12. Computer skills that includes proficiency at MS Excel, WORD and Outlook. Experience with Genesis, a plus.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Minimum two years of experience in a food manufacturing lab or related job, plus a B.S. in food science, biological science, microbiology, or related science degree.
About Us G.L. Mezzetta, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of glass-packed peppers, olives and specialty foods in the United States. Our 's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and corporate offices are located in California's Napa Valley. Mezzetta's extended family of employees share a commitment for continued success. As a leader in the food industry, G.L. Mezzetta, Inc. is motivated to ensure the safest and most efficient methods are used in producing our quality line of food products. Mezzetta specialty foods can be found in retail grocery stores across the United States, as well as club stores, food service outlets, fine restaurants and on our website @ www.mezzetta.com .
How to ApplyTo join our team, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to: HUMAN RESOURCES G.L. MEZZETTA, INC. 105 Mezzetta Court American Canyon, CA 94503 FAX: 707-642-4720 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org