Food Safety & Quality Assurance Program Manager - Target
JOIN US AS A FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM MANAGER
Responsible for the safety and quality of Target brand food
products through development, implementation and maintenance of Target's Food
Safety and Product Quality systems. Partner with business teams to identify
and qualify vendors and manufacturing facilities for Target Owned Brand Foods
production. Work with vendor facilities to ensure compliance with all
applicable regulations and additional Target standards in order to provide
Target with safe and high quality products. Manage product safety and quality
throughout product lifecycle to continuously enhance product quality and the
· Manage initial approval and on-going performance monitoring of vendor facilities, including food safety and quality program reviews through desk audit, on-site assessments.
· Ensure the accuracy and completeness of compliance documentation in all appropriate information systems.
· Manage follow up and resolution process for consumer complaints as well as other safety/quality issues.
· Lead and manage key technical programs and be "Subject Matter Expert" on food safety and quality programs. Provide technical training as required.
· Actively stay abreast of current and emerging food safety developments and regulations. Asses and communicate the potential impact to Target and develop risk mitigation plans if needed.
· Actively participate and represent Target with external trade and professional associations to maintain food safety, product quality management, and technical regulatory compliance expertise
· B.S. in Food Science, Food Microbiology or related discipline; M.S. in any of these disciplines or MBA desired
· 5+ years experience in a Quality Assurance leadership or management in food service or a consumer packaged food product manufacturing
· Working knowledge and proficiency of food safety and quality assurance principles, programs, food manufacturing operations and practices and FDA and USDA regulatory requirements
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
· Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong planning, organizational and implementation skills
· Ability to manage and develop talent
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org