Career Opportunities: Food Science Intern (184)
Requisition Number 184 - Posted 01/05/2012
Location: Hershey, PA
The Food Science Intern will provide support to the Capital Project team, whose goal is to develop the interface between International regulations and Hershey's forumulas.
This position will begin in May 2012 and end in November 30, 2012.
Application of software and technology
· The successful applicant will be able to utilize the Recipe Management system in SAP. Training will be provided to acquaint the employee with the SAP system and in particular Recipe Management. Training will take place during the first week of employment. There will be evaluation of existing data/formulas as well as significant data entry.
Application of food science and/or food chemistry
· This position will need to have a good working knowledge of the usages for food ingredients as we will be cross referencing food additives against various international food regulations. For example, should understand what an antioxidant is versus a preservative.
Application of experience
· Responsible to participate in evaluating the test environment. This will require a complete understanding of the SAP – Recipe Management system, the types of requlatory searches needed, and the output of those searches.
· Must have completed sophomore year of college.
· Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher.
· Strong computer skills, specifically Excel
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong attention to detail
Must have a valid driver's license.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com