Job Number: nest-00024462
This Food Technologist will develop new shelf stable, refrigerated and frozen
products and improve existing products, ingredients and processes by applying
technical, Food Science and culinary skills. Capable of working at a rapid
pace to respond to external and internal demands while simultaneously
handling multiple project requirements. Possesses the ability to interact
effectively with Customers, Chefs, the technical community and
co-manufacturers to develop relevant and timely products. Demonstrates exceptional
organizational, communication, problem solving and project management skills
in interactions with immediate team members, cross-functional groups and
external customers. Demonstrates initiative, leadership and ability to work
both independently and within a cohesive team environment. Able to thrive in
a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment that encompasses end-to-end
development (concept and exploration through manufacturing scale up, start up
and process optimization).
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Plan, execute, evaluate and accurately document test work to optimize
product design of assigned projects.
* Coordinate product development and commercialization activities within
immediate work team and within cross-functional groups (planning bench test
work, resource management, communication of key deliverables/outcomes)
* Maintain precise and appropriate documentation to support development and
commercialization of assigned products.
* Utilize computer systems (formula, nutritional & labeling databases,
* Participate in team and departmental activities (taste panels, shelf life
panels, meetings, timetable)
* Develop working relationships with key suppliers, Sales, Culinary and
Business Development Manager, Commercialization and Manufacturing Services
* Assist in training of new hires and mentoring of interns
* Maintain and improve technical, culinary and professional skills through
completion of appropriate training and activities.
* Generate value analysis/process improvement ideas on an ongoing basis.
* Provide clear and concise direction to technicians regarding daily test
* Complete hands on bench work as needed to achieve project goals and meet
* Champion assigned products through the Nestle Professional systems.
* Manage projects to achieve sample accuracy and FTQ
* Maintain knowledge base of assigned key Custom accounts and maintenance
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related field.
* 2 years product development experience or hands-on course work with focused
internship in product development
* Factory exposure and related product experience highly desirable
* Food Services and/or Culinary work experience is a plus.
Applies technical, Food Science and culinary skills to the development of new
products or improvement of existing ones. Handles multiple project
requirements with short time lines. Demonstrates exceptional organizational,
communication, problem solving and project management skills in interactions
with immediate team members, cross-functional groups and external customers.
Demonstrates excellent technical, communication and critical thinking skills.
Demonstrates flexibility to move between product categories and adapt easily
to customer's changing needs. Utilizes electronic systems effectively.