Food Scientist-MON00271 – Monticello, MN
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Kitchen Solutions, formerly Sunny Fresh Foods, is a leading marketer of high value, further-processed egg products in the United States. With processing plants in Minnesota, Iowa and Michigan, our customers include premier quick-service restaurant chains as well as food manufacturers.
· 45% Research and develop innovative customer focused new products, services and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products
· 25% Commercialization of new products, services and solutions
· 20% Provide technical assistance in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight
· 5% Develop business unit(s) collaboration within technical team members.
· 5% Build, maintain, and defend IP portfolio
· Able to lift up to 50lbs
· Travel 35%+ (travel is highly subject to plant production schedules and customer timelines. Travel is typically to plant facilities and/or customer location(s)
· May require long hours due to research and customer needs
· A 4 year degree and/or 4+ years of experience in food/meat science, culinary arts, hotel/restaurant management or food processing is required.
· 2+ years of experience in new product development, commercialization of new products, and/or research.
· A strong background in scientific procedure(s) and project management skills are required. Data analysis, design of experiments, and technical writing skills are also required. This position requires a high level of proficiency using Microsoft Office tools and email.
· A Master’s degree or PhD
· Previous experience in retail and/or foodservice operations
· Previous experience with statistical software
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org