Quality Assurance Supervisor – Snyder’s-Lance
Charlotte, North Carolina
Snyder’s-Lance, headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina and trades on the NYSE under LNCE. Snyder’s-Lance is the second largest salty snack manufacturer in the U.S. with revenues of $1.6 billion. The growing company sells products under the names of Cape Cod Potato Chips, Snyder’s Pretzels, Lance sandwich crackers, Archway cookies, Tom’s snacks, Stella D’oro, Krunchers!, Jays, Grande and more with 12 manufacturing facilities across the United States and Canada. Our manufacturing facilities are located in NC, GA, FL, PA, OH, IN, MA, IA, AZ and Ontario. Our Charlotte manufacturing campus spans over one million square feet with three plants.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for managing quality systems in the day-to-day plant environment and a number of Quality Technicians. Scope includes all business units at the facility.
· Schedules Quality Technicians and other support for all business units as needed. Verifies performance of quality technicians (conformance to routine, understandings and effectiveness, corrective action communication).
· Assures Quality conformance to specifications and expectations for all products and processes. Follows up with supervision/management on all exceptions and corrective actions. Communicates quality programs and specifications to quality team.
· Disposition of held goods (raw, finished and in process) including communication and execution of sampling plans.
· Execute Safe Quality Foods (SQF) programs at the front line/shop floor level
· Works with sensory teams to assure that program is operating in accordance with expectations.
· Develops/trains quality team members and hourly personnel in quality awareness, food safety and other related areas.
· Monitors SQF program effectiveness and conformance.
· Performs plant sanitation and food safety audits according to program, including with visitors from our customer food manufacturing companies, the Food and Drug Administration or the State Dept. of Agriculture.
· Collects Quality scoring (QI) data and constructs regular reporting per program.
· Works with customers on quality initiatives for products, programs and processes as directed.
· Works with R & D team on new product and product improvement initiatives. Coordinates collection and shipment of samples and data as requested.
· Reviews raw material quality information for conformance to standards.
· Monitors pest control documentation and assist with program maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree, in food science or a related field, and 1 year experience minimum, 3 – 5 years of experience preferred, depending on quality of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Or www.snyderslance.com/careers, job # 12131, Quality Assurance Supervisor.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org