Engineering, Other, Product
Management, Production, Research
Food & Beverages, Food
January 11, 2010
will work in Product Applications Department (PAD) and provide Food
Science, Culinary and Project Management experience to design and develop
new products and to improve existing products, ingredients and processes.
1. Develop new products and line extensions and manage product development
activity (design test work, obtain resources, evaluate results with team
and determine direction, maintain appropriate records of work) from
concept through commercialization that meet project deadlines.
a. Design and conduct test work.
b. Coordinate the tasks of other departments (Marketing, NBS Purchasing,
QA, Regulatory, Engineering, Finance, Operations, and Contract
Manufacturers) to meet project goals and to manage the project timetable.
c. Contribute to departmental systems such as Globe and nutritional
databases and suggest systems process improvements as well as cost saving
2. Lead and manage interdepartmental and cross functional project teams of
moderate complexity, scope and size.
3. Participate in team and departmental activities such as panels,
meetings, committees, administrative obligations (phones email).
4. Train/Mentor new personnel. Give advice for test work direction.
5. Maintain technical skills and personal improvement through completion
of appropriate training.
6. Maintain and improve culinary expertise by attending in house culinary
programs and/or supporting culinary presentations.
Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science
• Minimum of 3 years food related experience
• Master of Science degree preferred
• Strong formulation skills and understanding of food systems
• Strong knowledge of ingredient functionality
• Ability to lead and motivate a project team.
• Have a passion for food
• Experience with food processing equipment in Pilot Plant and Production
• Excellent project management, leadership, and communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments
one of “America’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine for the
twelfth consecutive year, Nestlé USA provides quality brands and products
that bring flavor to life every day. From nutritious meals with LEAN
CUISINE® to baking traditions with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®, Nestlé USA makes
delicious, convenient, and nutritious food and beverage products that
enrich the very experience of life itself. That’s what “Nestlé. Good Food,
Good Life” is all about. Well-known Nestlé brands include: NESTLÉ® TOLL
HOUSE®, NESTLÉ® NESQUIK®, NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE®, STOUFFER’S®, LEAN
CUISINE®, HOT POCKETS® and LEAN POCKETS® brand sandwiches, NESCAFÉ®,
NESCAFÉ® TASTER’S CHOICE®, NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE®, BUITONI®,
DREYER’S/EDY’S®, NESTLÉ® CRUNCH®, NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER®, and WONKA®.
Nestlé USA, with 2008 sales of $10.0 billion is part of Nestlé S.A. in
Vevey, Switzerland — the world’s largest food company — with 2008 sales of
$101 billion. For product news and information, visit Nestleusa.com or