Food Science Internship – Pittsburgh, PA
more about this company >>
all jobs at this company >>
Pittsburgh, PA (Map it!
2 Year Degree
candidate for this position will interact with a cross-functional team on
the development and improvement of new and existing products. He/she will
execute experimentation in laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing
environments. The individual will gain working knowledge on recipe
development, food processing, quality improvement, and consumer databased decisions. Successful candidates will have a
technical understanding of food formulation, processing, and quality
assurance procedures. A general awareness of government regulations, basic
statistics, culinary arts, and nutrition would be useful.
Activities performed daily may include:
- Prepare recipe formulations on new or improved products.
- Run experimental batches, both at the laboratory and pilot plant level.
- Insures all products under development conform to quality procedures for
product safety and integrity.
- Solve technical problems through search of scientific literature, outside
suppliers, or other sources of technical information.
- Communicate technical results both verbally and written to pertinent
- Some physical labor will be required including lifting up to 50 lbs, cleaning of laboratory and pilot shop equipment
and handling of shipments of finished products to customers.
Candidates will have a partial completion of
a BS Food Science, Food Technology, or Chemical Engineering degree
(Sophomore/Junior at minimum).
- Graduate students will also be considered.