Quality Assurance Inspector-2nd Shift – Farmland Foods, Inc.
Location: Wichita, KS
This Position is responsible for ensuring the overall quality in their assigned areas through the application of regulatory, company, and customer policies, programs and work instructions. Ensure all Farmland produced products meet company specifications and are produced in a wholesome manner that meets Farmland Operating Procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Quality Measurement - On a daily basis the employee must demonstrate ownership and practical knowledge of all QA and Regulatory programs and apply them to make sound decisions and execute quality oversight. This will be accomplished while conducting all quality inspections in the area of assigned responsibility. Success is judged based on maintaining the quality objectives and keeping quality on-track including accurate inspections, non-compliance procedures, appropriate reporting, corrective actions and accuracy of paperwork along with sample submissions. Routine verifications and inspections include, process, metal detector, cooking, and chilling type checks.
2) Sanitation and Food Safety Support – Employee is required to conduct operational and pre-operational sanitation inspections including micro sampling to verify the effectiveness of sanitation activities. The duties include regular completion of Food Safety, CCP and sanitation paperwork that should ultimately result in no FS deviations. FMP and Sanitation audits are conducted as directed with documented corrective actions and follow-up as necessary. The employee is required to take action in response to negative micro or Shelf Life data in their area of responsibility with an eye toward improvement.
3) Quality Improvement -The employee must be solution oriented and work to prevent process or product failures. Continuous improvement of product quality through attention to process and specifications with organized activities including Operations and QA is expected. This will be judged through how well special projects, including those assigned by the QA Manager, are accomplished along with everyday and extra ordinary tasks. Activities will include training line and other QA employees in quality functions, daily product shows, being current on specs and updating Operations, monitoring giveaway and yields for opportunities.
4) Personal and Professional Performance - Employee should seek continued education. Employee is required to be at work on time or follow the appropriate call in procedure. The employee should make a clear effort to maximize floor time and relate to all persons as professionally as possible. Employee should attend all required line, plant and department training and routine meetings with a positive attitude making presentations and asking questions as required.
· Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Food Science or related field from four-year college or university and 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Knowledge of the internet, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com