Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
Schuylkill Haven, PA
0 - 10%
The Quality Manager is responsible for safeguarding product safety and quality while meeting Company and regulatory standards, and has oversight responsibility for a continuous quality improvement program that includes quality control and quality assurance. This person is responsible for ensuring that the production and distribution of products meets or exceeds all quality standards. This person also has responsibility for communicating quality results and the transfer of quality and QA knowledge to the workforce.
· Manages the operation of the plant laboratory, including ensuring supplies and equipment are available.
· Ensures product safety, regulatory compliance, and compliance with company standards as stated in the Quality Assurance Manual, Laboratory Manual, and Company directives.
· Drives Continuous Improvement efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
· Provides leadership in coaching, education and training of management staff and plant employees for Quality Assurance; seeks assistance as needed from other Dean Foods training resources.
· Develops, facilitates and maintains the Milk and Juice HACCP program.
· Provides Customer inputs into iCiX as required, and views/monitors Supplier iCiX postings to ensure all SQF audit requirements are met.
· Implements and maintains all Dean Foods quality systems (i.e. SQF 2000).
· Reviews all product labels used in the facility and ensures adherence to regulatory and Company standards.
· Maintains or ensures the maintenance of the Dean Foods Nutritional Database System for the facility.
· Ensures adherence to appropriate regulations and Company standards for raw milk quality.
· Supervises the appropriate chemical, bacteriological, sensory and utilization tests on raw materials and pasteurized products.
· Communicates quality metric and inspection results to appropriate managers and others in leadership positions including, but not limited to daily, weekly or monthly KPI reporting to Corporate.
· Ensures that proper sanitation procedures are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are performed; provides “troubleshooting” efforts in the event of sanitation system failure.
· Develops and maintains documentation of all required quality tests and activities.
· Assists the Plant Manager in managing local, state, customer/third party, and federal audits and inspections.
· Is responsible for expense management and control, including labor and “Cost of Quality” utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
· Ensures adherence to all contract packaging quality requirements.
· Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
· Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following Company policies, standards and specifications.
· Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a science-based area of study and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
· Internal Candidates: A minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations, with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
· Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Possesses a working knowledge of sanitation systems, techniques and procedures.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
· Possesses understanding of the basics of change management.
· Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
· Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
· Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com