Each and every day, Sara
Lee (NYSE: SLE) delights millions of consumers and customers around
the world. The company has one of the world's best-loved and leading
portfolios with its innovative and trusted food, beverage, household
and body care brands, including Ambi
Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts,
Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi, Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo. Collectively, these brands
generate more than $13 billion in annual net sales covering
approximately 200 countries. The Sara Lee community consists of
44,000 employees worldwide
This position will lead Food Safety and Quality programs at the
Roseville, MN & Fergus Falls, MN fresh bakery facility's. This
includes leading implementation and on-going program
management/oversight of Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Certification,
compliance to Sara Lee corporate Quality Assurance / Food Safety
requirements and other related initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead integration of the current quality assurance and
food safety processes into one integrated process. This includes
HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process
(QSR), standard operating procedures (SOP?s),
incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, food safety
audits, field complaints, standardized work instructions
- Develop and execute SQF plans to achieve/maintain SQF
Level 3 Certification at the facility(s) and to meet all Sara
Lee Corporation requirements related to quality and food safety
- Oversee plant(s) compliance and interactions with SQF
- Assure facility(s) meets all requirements related to
SQF Trademark use.
- Develop and maintain systems to assure compliance to
all SQF 2000 System requirements including Commitment, Document
Control and Records, Specifications, Attaining Food Safety,
Verification, Product Identification Trace and Recall, Incident
Management, Food Safety Fundamentals ?
Building and Equipment Design and Construction, and Food Safety Fundamentals ? Pre-requisite Programs.
- Maintain all registries as required by SQF.
- Manage finished product evaluation system and provide
leadership to drive improvements in key customer/consumer
- Train and maintain all training records for critical
food safety and quality requirements. Document and maintain
training registry for all employees at the manufacturing
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation
activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility(s)
meet Sara Lee Food Safety and Quality standards
- Provide guidance and leadership in situations where
deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified
related to food safety and/or quality attributes.
- Reassess SQF plan(s) when ever there is a change to
program, process, procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry
philosophy, technology, etc
degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or
other science related field.
- 6+ years of progressive food processing experience,
with at least 4 years in a management capacity within a
manufacturing environment under HACCP, USDA and/or FDA.
- 3+ years facilitating food safety/quality related
- Demonstrate leadership in the areas of food safety,
plant regulatory and Quality Assurance.
- Previous experience with Safe Quality Foods or SQF
Expert Practitioner is a plus.
- HACCP Certification from a nationally /
internationally recognized and accredited HACCP training firm
- Possess a thorough understanding of FDA and/or USDA
inspected manufacturing facilities
- Comprehensive experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules
- Must have strong organizational, leadership and
- Ability to analyze processes for Biological,
Chemical, and Physical hazards with a thorough understanding of
the science and support behind each type of hazard and each step
within a production process
- Able to work with cross functional departments within
- Good problem solving and corrective action/resolution
- Strong computer skills with experience using Word,
Excel, Access, Power Point. SAP experience is a plus.
- Travel required - this position may support multiple
facilities within a geographic region
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action