Lab Manager Food Science : New Hampton, NY, United States
Title: Laboratory Manager- Food Science
Location: New Hampton, NY 10958
Develop technical application data to support the commercial/regulatory strategy for the FPN business unit. At the direction of the Business Director or Manager Scientific, Regulatory and New Product Support, execute programs to support platform development or solve customer problems.
Communicate the functionality and technical benefits of the clients' ingredients in support of defined commercial strategy. Manage the efforts of the FPN Application Department in support of the commercial objectives of the Food and Nutrient segments. Deliver a professional, high level of service and technical support to internal and external customers.
1. Management of the Food Scientists and support staff of the FPN Application Department including; establishing priorities consistent with the business plan and increasing their technical expertise and career development. Transition organization to one that proactively, at the customers site, can implement technical strategies that can convert business.
2. Technical Validation of Technology and Products. Develop technical application information on the application of prototype and existing products and validate value propositions, in laboratory or in outside facilities. Work with R D to develop and screen new prototype developmental products for functionality and end product performance. Work with QC Production to participate in qualitative and/or analytical evaluations of finished products from time to time to ensure quality of ingredients.
3. Direct Support of Sales Force. Prepares Technical Sales Representatives with applicable industry technical knowledge and terminology to improve Representatives ability to identify and qualify prospects/accounts. Assists sales personnel in introducing products to potential users through participation in Trade Shows, Seminars and Direct Sales calls. Assists in ongoing training of Sales Force in existing and new applications.
4. Customer Service Support. Provide technical support and troubleshooting to the sales organization, customers and prospective customers, in laboratory or plant environment, making on-site visits as required.
5. Market Development Product Promotion. Establishes test programs on an annual basis, designed to support product launches. Determines laboratory testing conditions and protocols that best reflect production conditions and customer use of Balchem products. Develops food product formulations using encapsulates for the purpose of improving product acceptance by prospective accounts. Reviews established formulations and literature in context of market and industry trends and suggests changes as needed. Participates in production of written promotional material, including brochures and presentations.
6. Lab Administration. Coordinates the work of lab support staff, providing technical mentoring in design and execution of experiments. Responsible for maintaining and equipping the Applications Laboratory within established budgetary limits. Recommends and supervises the outsourcing of testing and data development when internal resources are not adequate to produce meaningful data. Assist in the preparation of budgets for proposed capital expenditures and annual staffing needs.
7. Other. Provides periodic reports on assignment/projects status to manager. Interfaces with customers as necessary to conduct projects. Performs other related functions necessary to achieve sales through effective applications work.
8. Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment PPE and equipment safeguards. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
- M.S. degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in applications work
- Strong understanding of food/nutrition ingredient technology
- Strong understanding of food processing equipment
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks
- Experience in mentoring/managing technical staff
- Experience with sensory testing methodology
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO ARRA.LAM@KELLYSERVICES.COM
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com