BU Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Manager-HOP02010
Cargill is a unique place to thrive. Everyone has a role to play, everyone matters! Cargill aspires to have a diverse employee population at all levels of the organization, reflecting the markets where we live and work. We create an inclusive environment where all employees can contribute to reach their full potential and where diversity is leveraged as a competitive advantage. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 67 countries. Discover how we provide an engaging environment that meets the needs and desired experiences of all employees at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Specialty Seeds & Oils focuses on the health and clean label spaces. This translates into discovering, creating and commercializing specialty seeds, oils and related technologies to meet market needs. Our business leverages Cargill’s capabilities.
We are leaders at connecting the high oleic canola supply chain because we are the only company that is both a seed and an oil company. From identifying market trends and trait development to final oil packaging and delivery, Cargill manages the entire high oleic canola supply chain. Cargill develops proprietary planting seeds, contracts acres with growers and crushes and refines seeds into premium oils sold to food manufacturers, foodservice operators and industrial companies for a variety of applications. Our integrated approach allows us to better manage supply and demand, opening up markets for our grower customers while offering our oil customers Assured Supply™ high oleic canola oil.
· 35% - Ensure compliance of regulations/policies – assumes ultimate accountability for all FSQR compliance, direction and activities across SS&O, analyzes and interprets FSQR policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards, directs implementation of FSQR policies, customer and supplier standards across BU, act as liaison with CFSRA and collaborate with FSQR counterparts in countries where SS&O does business
· 20% - Perform prevention activities and issue resolution – ensure connectivity and collaboration between FSQR functions across all facilities in a SS&O for seed and oil, mediates and ensure resolution to issues for SS&O, leads SS&O crisis management team, directs work with suppliers/external manufacturers, proactively anticipates risk and takes preventive action across SS&O, accountable for completion of facility audits and proactively address risk areas in both seed and oil product lines and R&D
· 15% - Develop, implement and assess FSQR processes/systems – directs implementation of all FSQR specification systems across BU, drives continuous improvement, manages base capital needs to maintain food safety leadership position
· 15% - Shape food safety, quality and regulatory culture/reputation – responsible as central FSQR interface with customer and suppliers for SS&O, builds internal (Cargill) and external partnerships, ensure customer complaint issues are addressed on a timely basis, lead implementation of Cargill FSQR strategy in SS&O to ensure a highly engaged FSQR workforce
· 15% - People/resource/budget management – in collaboration with HR, lead talent management of employees in FSQR organization for the BU; coordinate talent management efforts with other BU FSQR leaders in platform, build and develop effective, engaged FSQR workforce in SS&O, develop strategic and tactical FSQR plans for BU in alignment with platform corporate FSQR and BU objectives in seed and oil, key member of SS&O management team
· Bachelor’s degree in a science based field.
· Minimum of 7 years experience in quality control and quality assurance in a corporate food manufacturing environment
· Ability to travel up to 30% of time
· Proven management skills with a minimum of 3 years experience managing a team of professional employees.
· Effective problem solving and decision-making skills and behavioral capability to develop commercially viable customer solutions while managing customer quality expectations.
· Ability to work independently with strong decision making skills.
· Proven ability to build strong relationships and collaborate within businesses and external parties.
· Proven ability to effectively collaborate and drive results with diverse group who are geographically dispersed within and outside of reporting relationships.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, technical report writing, basic computer skills
· Demonstrated familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO, or similar internationally recognized processes.
· Demonstrated familiarity with quality, HACCP and food safety auditing practices.
· Demonstrated regulatory knowledge of US FDA regulations with specific emphasis on GMPs, labeling, and food additives.
· Applied experience in auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance.
· Demonstrated practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations; manufacturing plant experience
· Ability to developed a structured, disciplined approach to planning, administering and completing projects successfully.
· Prepares product information and documentation that meet regulatory compliance requirements.
· Master’s degree in related science discipline
· 10+ years experience in the areas of food safety, quality assurance and regulatory affairs.
· Product and process formulation experience
· Quality Control laboratory experience with basic analytical methodology
· Bulk oil processing experience
· Packaged Food Service or Retail product experience
· USDA and FDA regulatory knowledge
· Basic understanding of crop production, and food processing with preference toward oil processing
· Understanding of food and agricultural products quality control principles, and food regulatory requirements
· Capability in providing insightful observations for improvements
· Ability to stand-alone and deal with ambiguity
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org