Job Number: nest-00012763
Nestle Purina PetCare Company
Quality Assurance - NPPC
Hager City WI
Relocation: Availability of relocation assistance for this position is
yet to be determined.
This position will implement Food Safety practice and policy consistent with
those established by the Hager City Factory, the Company, and comply with all
local, State and Federal regulations and requirements. The Product Safety
Team Lead will support and facilitate Safety, Health and Environmental
objectives and foster a work environment which promotes the facility to
perform as "one of the safest companies in each market and business
where we operate". Ensures all quality standards are met when performing
1. Executes and communicates concepts of Good Manufacturing Practices.
2. Monitor and communicate condition of plant to appropriate personnel.
3. Implement, maintain and monitor the Master Sanitation program and other
prerequisites of the HACCP program.
4. HACCP Coordinator, to coordinate all aspects of the plants' food safety
5. Maintain a good working knowledge of equipment and chemicals used in the
factory, to provide insights into quality, food safety and sanitation
6. Work with engineering and production to design and install equipment
meeting sanitary guidelines.
7. Conduct internal audits of documentation and procedures within the
8. Train employees and temporaries on an as needed basis to comply with Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation practices and Food Safety.
9. Coordinate outside contractors for pest control.
10. Inspection of incoming equipment and spot checks of outgoing trailers.
11. Assumes all other duties as assigned by reporting Manager.
12. Conduct inspections throughout the plant facilities and contracted
13. Act as back-up for laboratory staff.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure adequately trained personnel are available for pesticide
application and department duties.
2. Maintain working knowledge of cereal and grain infesting insects and
animals, including necessary prevention techniques.
3. Recommend the purchase of equipment and materials to be used for
sanitation and housekeeping.
4. Notify all departments of any GMP violations.
5. Recommend the purchase of equipment and materials to be used for sanitation
6. Ability to travel on company business.
Education: Associate's Degree in food science or related field required.
Experience: 3 to 5 years experience in factory environment. Microbiology
Skills: Knowledge of HACCP programs and GMP's