- (Home based office, Nationwide
United States, USA)
Company: Guelph Food Technology Centre
Industry Sector: Food/Processing
Industry Type: Food Processing
Career Type: Quality Assurance
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required: 5
Salary: based on experience
This Job To A Friend
growing business has career opportunities for FOOD SAFETY AUDITORS.
Guelph Food Technology Centre (GFTC) (www.gftc.ca) is a world leader
in food industry solutions. We help our clients compete globally by
strengthening the very foundation of their businesses: their products,
processes and people. At GFTC, we work with companies along the entire
food value chain. Each year, GFTC assists over 1,500 companies and
trains more than 3,600 people. We provide confidential services in
food safety and quality consulting and auditing, training, product
development, packaging, labeling and sustainability. Food Safety Auditors are home based and travel
within North America to clients’ sites such as food processors, food
distributors, packaging facilities, and agricultural facilities.
• Conduct Food Safety and Quality Audits: Full range of Food Safety
& Quality audits, including Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI),
second party, and third party schemes. Standards include: SQF, BRC,
• Enhance Audit Delivery: Using internal and external procedures,
guidelines, and other reference documents to provide timely, accurate
reports and results. Ensure appropriate application of audit standard
• Verify Implementation: Assess and approve corrective actions as
compliant with standard and client requirements.
• Plan and Organize: Ensure annual inspection itineraries allow for
the completion of all audits and accommodate new business and
• Continuous Learning: Expand knowledge through training and
one-on-one calibration sessions on existing and new audit standards.
Participate in Food Safety and Quality Audits as an observer or
on Your Resume?
• Graduation from an accredited college or university, preferably with
a B.Sc. in science or field of study related to food safety.
• For 5-10 years you have been gaining experience in food processing
or in a quality assurance position related to food safety in a food
• Certification as a consultant or auditor in at least GMP/HACCP, and
ideally in one of the GFSI benchmarked standards, preferably SQF
• In-depth working knowledge of the manufacture of multiple categories
of food and ingredients.
• Experience performing audits in more than one program area and/or
ability to train auditors.
• Ability to work independently from remote location with minimal
• Excellent verbal communication skills, writing abilities, and
proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Strong organizational skills to develop travel itineraries, make
travel arrangements, and travel to inspection sites.
• Physically able to safely function in a manufacturing plant
environment, including ascend heights as determined by equipment and
processes; able to bend, crawl and move safely and freely around
machinery and building without assistance; able to inspect equipment,
identify insect and other pests, and to prepare inspection notes and
• Ability to speak French or Spanish would be an asset.
your resume by clicking on "APPLY TO THIS POSITION" . GFTC information can be found on our
responses received via email will be considered. No phone calls,
faxes, agencies, or drop-in’s please. We thank all applicants for your
interest in th