The Food Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring our customers
are provided with a pure and unadulterated product as well as
excellent customer service. Responsible for ensuring and maintaining
a food safe environment through compliance to all requirements of
programs/policies for Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices,
HACCP, Quality, Workplace Safety, IPM, OSHA, Environmental, and as
may be required by Plant, Company, and Local, State and Federal
mandates or programs.
• Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety,
Food Defense Initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an
understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1.
• Assures that General Safety and Food Safety is an absolute
priority by setting the example as a member of senior management.
• Assures that Product Quality is an absolute priority utilizing
IPM, Plant Teams and outside resources to accomplish this.
* Understands BRC / AIB requirements
and leads plant compliance efforts.
• Assigns all work duties and work schedules associated with the
• Conducts plant wide inspections.
• Plant liaison for corporate related meetings, etc.
• Purchases all necessary sanitation supplies and equipment to
maintain a clean and safe plant.
* Chairs all regular GMP inspections
• Atttends all courses, seminars and
educational opportunities as may be necessary
• A lead person in the Safety and Environmental Programs
• Required to accompany AIB, State and Federal Regulatory
inspectors, and any third party inspectors.
• Responsible for promoting a Safe Work Environment plant wide.
• Controls labor and material costs in order to comply with the
approved budgetary guidelines.
• Maintains weekly inventory of sanitation supplies
• Responsible for ensuring that GMP requirements are adequately met
and maintained plant wide.
• Maintains and enters data into the Corp. Environmental System.
• Develop and maintain a Master Sanitation Cleaning Schedule.
• Allergens are currently a part of the plant operation; therefore,
it is critically important that the entire Plant Allergen Program is
clearly understood, supported and adhered to.
• Provides training to all associates on Allergen, HACCP and GMP
programs and policies.
** Degree in Food Science / AIB
** 3 - 5 years experience in Food Safety
** Understanding of AIB / BRC standard requirements preferred.
** 3 years management experience.preferred
** Knowledge of sanitation processes and cleaning procedures and