YEKATERINBURG, January 21 (RIA Novosti) - One Uzbek migrant worker has died and five others hospitalized as a result of food poisoning in the town of Verkhnyaya Pyshma in the Urals, a police spokesman said on Wednesday.
"The workers are currently in intensive care, in a serious condition," the source said.
It is believed the workers mistakenly used a poisonous substance instead of salt when preparing their meal.
"We are not ruling out that it was nitrite which is usually added to concrete," the spokesman said.
An investigation into the incident has been launched.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your