Account Manager I – Strategic Diagnostics Inc. – Various Locations
Job Title: Account Manager I
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Number of Incumbents:
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working in the Atlanta-Southeast region of the US, prospects and calls upon new and existing business to increase SDI’s Food Safety market share. Initiates contact with prospect and client to establish a consultive relationship with market targets. Travels to clients and prospects in given territory to establish rapport, identify client needs and develop proposed solutions and pricing for clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Prospects, researches and locates new business opportunities using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence and assist customers.
2. Primarily responsible for regional clients with a given geographic and business line territory
3. Develops proposals and presentations to acquire new or increase current business.
4. Works with and takes direction from Sales Manager and Marketing Director with regards to market focus and style as well as the outside account managers with regards to specific client needs and sales development.
5. National Sales Manager will assign responsibilities within a territory and the incumbent will work closely with a corresponding “outside” sales person.
6. Produces and submits weekly sales activity report along as well as monthly prospect report.
7. Develops quotes, forecasts, and written orders using established SDI proposals
1. Bachelor degree in science or some equivalent.
2. 2-3 years of sales experience, preferably in a technical field within Food Safety industry
3. Understanding of basic science principles used in development of offerings in business line
4. Basic understanding of pricing and sales models
5. Basic understanding of government and industry regulations
6. Demonstrated success in building networks
Skills and Abilities:
1. Very good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
2. Generous listening skills
3. Ability to learn the products represented in a timely and competent manner.
4. Good Microsoft Offices skills and ability to learn industry software
5. Ability to quickly understand CSP and FFP
6. Ability to track client and prospect progress
7. Excellent time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
8. Good problem solving skills
9. Ability to work independently without immediate supervision
Work Environment / Other Requirements:
At SDI our work environment varies significantly from job to job. This position requires the ability to:
· Travel if needed for a particular project or account
· Work hours that would accommodate different time zones.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org