Major player in the Food Industry with over 30 plants
worldwide is looking for a Food Safety Director. This is a newly created
position because of company growth and focus in Quality Assurance. Below
are the requirements. Specific areas are the need for a degree in FOOD
SCIENCE OR MICROBIOLOGY and dairy experience is highly desired. The
location is in Wisconsin and there are several places that this person
could live near one of the companies 4 plants. Salary is 6 figures and a
significant bonus with relocation and benefits as well as vacation. This
person should expect a maximum travel requirement of 40% but more
realistically about 30%.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Drive Food Safety across all Company US facilities by
working with Corporate Quality, as well as plant Quality, Operations and
• Support and provide direction to the organization for
product and environmental pathogen prevention monitoring, training, HACCP
and related customer/supplier initiatives.
• Work with plant to identify gaps and implement solid
• Assess significant Food Safety situations and make sound
recommendations regarding disposition of product and future preventative
• Lead Food Safety recall efforts for the US Division.
• Create and standardize Food Safety requirements,
documentation and execution of plant processes.
• Lead cross functional Food Safety teams and efforts.
• Provide guidance, evaluate and further develop the
Environmental Pathogen Program.
• Provide guidance, evaluate and further develop the Product
Pathogen Testing Program.
• Provide HACCP guidance to the organization including HACCP
plan reviews and validation.
• Support specified customer and supplier initiatives in
conjunction with Quality, Sales, Operations and other functions as
• Lead the Corporate Food Safety Annual Internal Audit
• Responsible for Vendor Approval Program.
• Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as deemed
necessary. POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Microbiology.
• 10+ years of experience in food safety in a manufacturing
environment; including strong understanding of microbiology and food
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. FDA,
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, AS400, etc. • Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions. • Ability to
influence and drive positive change. • Ability to work in a team
environment as well as independently with good time management. • Ability
to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good
working relationships with all levels of employees as well as internal and
external customers. • Must possess strong leadership, communication and
organizational skills. • Ability to travel up to 40%.