and every day, Sara Lee (NYSE: SLE) delights millions of consumers and
customers around the world. The company has one of the world`s
best-loved and leading portfolios with its innovative and trusted food,
beverage, household and body care brands, including Ambi
Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi, Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo.
Collectively, these brands generate more than $13 billion in annual net
sales covering approximately 200 countries. The Sara Lee community consists
of 44,000 employees worldwide.
This position will lead Food Safety and Quality programs at designated
fresh bakery facilities located in Huntington,
West Virginia & London,
This includes leading implementation and on-going program
management/oversight of Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Certification, compliance
to Sara Lee corporate Quality Assurance / Food Safety requirements and
other related initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lead integration of the current quality assurance and food safety
processes into one integrated process. This includes HACCP system, regulatory
audits, quality systems review process (QSR), standard operating procedures
(SOPs), incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, food safety
audits, field complaints, standardized work instructions.
* Develop and execute SQF plans to achieve/maintain SQF Level 3
Certification at the facility(s) and to meet all Sara Lee Corporation
requirements related to quality and food safety programs.
* Oversee plant(s) compliance and interactions with SQF Certification Body.
* Assure facility(s) meets all requirements related to SQF Trademark use.
* Develop and maintain systems to assure compliance to all SQF 2000 System
requirements including Commitment, Document Control and Records,
Specifications, Attaining Food Safety, Verification, Product Identification
Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety
Fundamentals Building and Equipment Design and
Construction, and Food Safety Fundamentals Pre-requisite Programs.
* Maintain all registries as required by SQF.
* Manage finished product evaluation system and provide leadership to drive
improvements in key customer/consumer Quality attributes.
* Train and maintain all training records for critical food safety and
quality requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all
employees at the manufacturing site(s).
* Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure
that all products leaving the facility(s) meet Sara Lee Food Safety and
* Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have
occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety
and/or quality attributes.
* Reassess SQF plan(s) when ever there is a change to program, process,
procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
* Bachelors degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science,
or other science related field.
* 6+ years of progressive food processing experience, with at least 4 years
in a management capacity within a manufacturing environment under HACCP,
USDA and/or FDA.
* 3+ years facilitating food safety/quality related training events.
* Demonstrate leadership in the areas of food safety, plant regulatory and
* Previous experience with Safe Quality Foods or SQF Expert Practitioner is
* HACCP Certification from a nationally / internationally recognized and
accredited HACCP training firm
* Possess a thorough understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected
* Comprehensive experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules and Regulations
* Must have strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
* Ability to analyze processes for Biological, Chemical, and Physical
hazards with a thorough understanding of the science and support behind
each type of hazard and each step within a production process
* Able to work with cross functional departments within the organization
* Good problem solving and corrective action/resolution skills
* Strong computer skills with experience using Word, Excel, Access, Power
Point. SAP experience is a plus.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer