and every day, Sara Lee (NYSE: SLE) delights millions of consumers and
customers around the world. The company has one of the world`s
best-loved and leading portfolios with its innovative and trusted food,
beverage, household and body care brands, including Ambi
Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi, Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo.
Collectively, these brands generate more than $13 billion in annual net
sales covering approximately 200 countries. The Sara Lee community consists
of 44,000 employees worldwide.
Position will report into corporate headquarters located in Downers Grove, Illinois
with a field location negotiable if candidate resides near a major airport.
Manage the implementation and compliance with Sara Lee food safety
requirements for our suppliers and copackers.
Work with suppliers and copackers on food safety
issue resolution and corrective actions. Work with plants, R&D, and
other internal customers to assure compliance with food safety requirements
of suppliers. Manage third party and internal food safety audit and
approval system for suppliers and copackers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Managing the Supplier and Copacker food safety
program. Develop and implement technical plans, clearly defining the
critical issues and approach to be used in resolving food safety issues.
* Conduct food safety reviews to grant approval status for new suppliers
* Determine performance with existing suppliers and/or copackers.
* Develop and manage food safety auditing system using internal audits and
reviewing third party audits.
* Manage supplier/Copacker food safety approval
process for consistency across all lines of business.
* Work with R&D and Manufacturing on key food safety requirements for
suppliers and copackers. Define food safety
testing requirements and compliance guidelines for suppliers and copackers.
* Present persuasive presentations to management on recommendations.
* Bachelor Science Degree in food safety related field.
* Minimum five years experience in food safety
* Thorough understanding of food safety principles and food processing
* HACCP Certified required.
* Food Safety and Sanitation auditing experience required.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with internal customers
and external suppliers and copackers.
* Ability to travel nationwide up to 75%.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer