Sensory Technician - Foods
Date: Jan 24, 2014
Location: Barrington, IL, USA
Proficient in daily technical operations
· Prepare all materials for sensory tests
· Serve samples to panelists ; master serving samples following pre-established randomizations
· Clean up the lab after each sensory testing and help keep lab cleanliness to comply with all safety and quality requirements
· Prepare accurately aqueous solutions. Understand and effectively use sensory tools/systems in place, to plan, conduct and complete a study with trained panel.
· Support other technicians in the preparation, execution and clean-up of each sensory testing.
· Use a label program for container labeling
· Transfer completed testing files to Data Processing group.
Under supervision of lab management, leads and coordinates sensory requests:
· Collaborate with Descriptive panel leader and Sensory analyst to complete in each testing request
· Document sensory testing with all relevant experimental information ("sensory request form")
· Prepare Weekly programs for testing
· Finalize weekly scheduling and field scheduling questions from analysts/product developers.
Be a team leader taking ownership of lab initiatives and improvement
· Lead at least one lab initiative and report progress to lab manager
· Document and report lab issues to lab supervisor
· Meet with lab supervisor to discuss, streamline, implement new testing methods
· Write/Document new protocols as they occur.
· Plan requirements of testing with emphasis on best execution and supplies required for testing
· Create, update, maintain sensory software project file templates for all testing
· Write preparations and understand data structures for Electronic Prep Library, DSA References, Panelist Performance, Protocol Library.
· Compile and Update Weekly Testing Schedules
Be a trainer and a team work contributor
· Train technicians in new test methods.
· Train technicians to independently and accurately execute sensory testing from preparation to clean-up, and prepare folders for weekly testing
· Contribute to a team work environment
· High School Diploma or higher - Ideally working toward Associate or Bachelor degree in sensory science or relevant field
· Experience in a technical position in the flavor or food industry preferred, ideally 3-5 years in R&D environment;
· Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Sensory data acquisition software: (e.g. Compusense@hand, FIZZ, SIMS …)
· Technical writing skills to contribute to training manuals and protocols
· Awareness of Food Safety standards (GLP, GMP, HACCP)
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Works independently or as part of a team to complete project on time
· Develops and communicates solution to assigned experimental or operational problems
· Handle several projects at a time and prioritize tasks as necessary
· Adapt to frequent changes and work well in fast pace environment.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Team player
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org