Food Technologist – Davis, CA
Evaluate various output trait characteristics which aid in the identification of proper positioning of Nunhems products within the value chain in the appropriate channel(s). Output trait evaluations may include any step within the value chain including: identifying the optimization of post-harvest handling, supply chain management, packaging and end user preparation.
Project & Third Party Management
· Manage assigned projects in collaboration with chosen third party vendor(s) and/or internal resources to deliver agreed upon financial (budgetary) and non-financial deliverables as defined by produce chain.
· Develop and identify worldwide network of third party vendors that can support in the development and completion of assigned output trait characteristics within identified value channel which may include such requirements as:
o mirror the value chain’s current methodology of performing certain processes or measurements such as texture, color, viscosity etc. Chemical measurements are excluded from this function as those are performed elsewhere in the organization
o develop new methodologies (experimental controls/protocols/model of measurement) for certain output traits
o consumer / taste panel reactions
o cause & effect identification: evaluate value chain processes that effect the specific output trait
· Transcribe findings to project team members
· Research and report current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts as it relates to produce industry
· Specifically know the processes involving produce in the food industry (e.g. prepared, processed, fresh, packaging etc )
· Monitor current market trends in relation to food science; maintain contacts in the industry, literature and publication research etc
· Strong communication skills – both written & oral
· Highly organized & self-motivated
· English language
· Competencies: networking, entrepreneurship, influencing, team player, clearly shows leadership within the team.
· Critical thinking
· Ability to work independently/ with minimal supervision
· M.Sc. degree in Food Science with 2-3 years’ experience, or a combination of education and experience equivalent thereof.
· Experience in food product development (preferred)
· Experience in food processing (preferred)
Davis, California, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com