Food Scientist -
Lab Support is partnered with an industry leader to staff an opportunity for Food Science/Technologist candidates to work on 1st shift.
1. Assist the R&D supervisor in determining objectives & plans for satisfactory completion of projects and experiments.
2. Assist with multiple ongoing projects.
3. Conduct and or arrange quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine chemical, microbiological, and physical properties of raw materials and finished products.
4. Prepare, review, and evaluate experimental plans and data with assigned technicians when necessary.
5. Make products using accepted formulas and recipes.
6. Ability to follow and amend standard operating procedures when necessary.
7. Utilize laboratory and or production equipment to perform test and or experiments on products. Evaluate, record, and document all results and data appropriately (lab notebooks, computer
8. Conduct necessary literature searches and maintain up to date information on technology affecting assigned project areas.
9. Investigate, develop and integrate assigned project areas, concentrating on the pre-research and development bench top or production testing areas. Determine the possibilities, results and consequences of assigned testing and or project areas to the company.
10. Assist as needed with final reports and assessment of projects upon completion.
11. Collaborate as needed with R&D supervisor and with various groups within company (engineering, marketing, advertising, project management, etc.) to outline project structure.
Projects could include the following analysis, experience in these areas beneficial:
Wet Chemistry (titrations, prepping solutions, pH), moisture analysis, proximate analysis (fat, ash, protein, etc.), water activity, microbial analysis (plating, streaking, isolating, identification), sensory evaluation, headspace and packaging analysis/studies, shelf life studies, microbial challenge studies, experience with preservative systems.
Go On Assignment today!
Support, a division of On Assignment
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org