1. Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a staff of engineers and
technicians. Evaluates progress and results obtained, and implements
changes to achieve objectives. 2. Responsible for project management of new product
development, and new process development.
3. Provides customers (internal and external) with technical support.
4. Works with operations to develop new processes / procedures and ensure
that product development efforts are compatible and beneficial to the
5. Establishes and monitors the projects pipeline review and prioritization
system for the R&D department.
6. Identifies and monitors new technological developments for applications
in the food casings industry.
7. Manages the scale-up and industrialization of new products.
8. Conducts pre-launch productions of these new products and processes in
collaboration with the production team.
9. Responsible for implementation of new products into the field.
10. Manages department budget and expenditures.
1. Degree in Food Science or Meat Science.
2. 5 plus years experience in Meat processing.
3. 5 plus years experience in managing product
4. Thorough knowledge of R&D, engineering and manufacturing.
5. Project management and personnel management.
6. Strong analytical skills in applied research and commercial testing with
experience in field research studies and product development trails.
7. Strong R&D background in food science industry.
8. Demonstrated technical expertise research and development and proven
accomplishments in leading a highly skilled R&D team.
9. Outstanding communication, leadership, personal initiative, and computer
Required Skills for Food
Science R&D Manager Job:
R&D MANAGEMENT IN FOOD & BEVERAGE
About Aerotek Scientific:
Join AerotekScientific®LLC, one of the fastest growing
providers of scientific and clinical research services in the nation. Due
to our growth, we're constantly on the lookout for qualified professionals
to place in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent placement positions
across the scientific and clinical research communities. At Aerotek Scientific, we know it's more than just your
day-to-day responsibilities that can make or break a job. It's the support
you get. That's the reason Aerotek Scientific
offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, optical, 401k, and
many more. Don't put your career in the hands of just anyone,
put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek
Scientific team! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers and will consider all applications without regard to race,
marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status,
disability or any other characteristic protected by law.