Key Account Manager - 3M Food Safety-1200508 – Maplewood, MN
: Health Care Business
: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
3M Food Safety is currently seeking a Key Account Manager. 3M Food Safety is part of the 3M Health Care Business
The person hired for the position of Key Account Manager- Food Safety Department will primarily be responsible delivering and a targeted sales strategy across the Food Safety Key Account portfolio leading the Department to increased sales in existing markets while penetrating underdeveloped targets.
Major responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Manage 3M Food Safety Key Account, multi-location customers in three primary areas:
o Assigned and prioritized market and product segments.
o Pre-determined key accounts.
o Provide champion level support (high-level strategy, direction, segment trends, and best practices) to regional field sales specialist relative to locally assigned HQML (Head Quarter Managed Locations, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
· Achieve growth attainment goals in excess of the strategic plan.
· Managing contract food testing labs and government agencies like USDA, FDA
· Communications with regional field sales professionals to align them to key initiatives and pull through strategies developed at the Key Account "corporate level," as well as receive input and help drive opportunities uncovered at the local level.
· Maintain business plans and results dashboards to communicate status on pre-determined Key Accounts; keep all important sales opportunities, account management contacts, and activities accurate and current in Siebel.
· Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Food Safety business situation and growth opportunities within assigned Key Accounts.
· Establish and execute credible business plans targeted to exceed forecast.
· Implement, promote and provide input to improve sales and marketing strategies to grow and defend Key Account market share.
· Demonstrate mastery in the use of the sales process, and account management tools along with an expertise in selling and management skills.
· Proactively observe and report all pertinent changes in the marketplace especially regarding competitive threats to the field, and St. Paul.
· Assume additional assignments as requested by management.
Location: Relocation has NOT been approved for this position. This position will report to our Maplewood, MN location but residency can be within the 48 continental States close to a major airport hub. A corporate vehicle will be issued for this position.
Travel: This position could require up to 50% travel with some over nights.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
· Minimum 5 years of experience sales, marketing, market development and/or business development
· Master's degree or Advanced Degree
· Experience working with Governmental and Military Agencies a plus preferred, but not required
· Minimum 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, sales management or key account sales
· Minimum 3 years managing large key accounts and multi-location channels
· Degree in Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry
· Ability to travel up to 50%, some overnight
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M Food Safety Department, part of 3M Health Care Business (HCB) is the leading global manufacturer of innovative solutions that help the food industry optimize the quality and safety of their products to enable consumer protection. At every step, 3M provides products that help mitigate risk, improve operational efficiencies and impact the bottom line. The 3M Food Safety Department is an exciting growth business, with an excellent brand and quality reputation.
To learn more about 3M Food Safety, please visit:
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com