Quality Assurance Manager - Sabra Dipping Company LLC
Colonial Heights, VA
Sabra Dipping Company LLC, is the leading manufacturer of refrigerated dips and spreads. Our award winning company distributes its tasty, fresh and indulgent spreads and dips nationwide including hummus, red salads, salsa, and diary dips.
Sabra is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join its team in our new state of the art facility in Colonial Heights, VA. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Quality Assurance Department, and assuring company standards for food safety and quality are maintained and product integrity is preserved.
· Manage shift-based Quality Control Technologists and Food Microbiologists.
· Monitor Sanitation standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and food safety programs.
· Tracking and documenting product physical and sensory standards in a continuous quality improvement environment.
· Oversee general work flow and management of quality laboratory including microbiological and analytical areas.
· Implement a defined Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program in partnership with the Production Technologist for start up of a new state of the art food manufacturing facility.
· Collect and analyze process data for interval reporting and corrective action.
· Communicate daily, weekly and monthly reports against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
· Work with the Quality Assurance Technologist to assure that all regulatory standards are met in the facility of operations and distribution.
· Working knowledge of AIB, NSF, FDA, USDA and other 3rd party inspection nor ms.
· Manage daily product quality and food safety systems for the company.
· Work with Quality and R&D teams to provide guidance on product and process issues.
· Support the Quality Assurance and Purchasing groups specific to material conformance and standards.
· Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
· BS or BA degree required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· A minimum of 7- 10 years of experience in the food/beverage industry managing quality staff and systems required
· A minimum of 5-7 years experience supervising teams in a food quality control environment required
· Areas of experience focused on GMPs, HACCP, Statistical Process Control, Allergen and Pest Control programs.
· Experience with continuous improvement systems
· Proven leadership and training skills, GMPs, HACCP, SSOP
· Research and Development and recipe management skills
· Basic knowledge of Nutrition and Ingredient labeling standards
· SAP and formulation software experience a plus
· Proficiency with using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a changing environment with strong problem solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs is required
· Ability to work second or third shift and overtime as needed is required
· Ability to pass a pre employment background check and drug screening is required
· Ability to travel as required
Sabra Dipping Company offers excellent benefit plans and programs for its employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, and much more.
Sabra Dipping Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sabra Dipping Company is a Drug Free Workplace
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com