Sensory Technologist (1835) - Cincinnati, Ohio
FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR CAREER...
· Assure highest sensory quality of our product
· Help to ensure the day-to-day quality of the product by monitoring the sensory characteristics of the brands various processing stages
· Maintain records for quality tracking
· Assist in managing and maintaining all aspects of the Sensory panel
· Panel assessment, track panelist performance and attendance, and provide performance feedback , Screen new panelists and employees for taste and odor acuity, Prepare screeners, consent forms, instructional sheets and scoresheets, Maintain panelist database by adding new panelists, Recruitment of internal and external panelists.
· Implement and maintain all aspects of sensory training at local brewery
· Implement and maintain a training program for all panelists , Conduct basic sensory training to support brewers and quality functions as needed, especially new personnel, Maintain database on the progress of all sensory panelists through training program, offer rewards, feedback and incentives when necessary
· Prepare, conduct and monitor all types of sensory panels including stability studies
· Analyze and interpret sensory data, including generating statistical results and graphs for completed sensory data
· Coordinating evaluation of inter-brewery products, communicate results
· Ingredient evaluation - coordinating sensory approvals for all incoming ingredients
· Lab maintenance: lab supplies, equipment up-keep
· Promotes high product quality sensorial achievements within a professional work environment
· Special analysis request / projects per Sensory Manager
· Assist in the development of or revisions to SOP"s and testing methods.
· Bachelor"s degree in a science (food science, fermentation science, or brewing preferred)
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in sensory analysis, production environment a plus.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
· Report writing and good communication skills are required.
· Experience with statistical analysis, XLSTAT, SPSS, SAS, or other programs a plus
· Experience with Compusense or FIZZ a plus
· Ability to work in a flexible and changing schedule.
To apply, please click here
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com