· Base product maintenance support.
· New Product formulation: Formulate
new products to match the cost target, ingredient statement, nutritional
profile and attributes of the target product.
· Develop and document the process for
the manufacture of a new product.
· Independently design, plan and execute
· Interpret experimental results and
implement next steps.
· Demonstrate thorough knowledge of pilot
plant and commercial scale processes and equipment.
· Generate raw material, manufacturing and
finished product specifications utilizing on-line specification system.
· Work with cross-functional teams to
accomplish project objectives.
· Contact external industry experts to
obtain and present technical information to the R&D organization that
can be applied to projects.
· Organize and lead project presentations
to brand management.
· Maintain awareness of current technical
trends to identify and implement technologies that can be applied to
· Manage multiple projects
simultaneously, ensuring timely completion of project objectives in a
· Drive innovation and creativity
within brand group by bringing new ideas and prototypes for team review.
· Work closely with
Engineering/Operations to source equipment required for new product
· Provide operations and engineering with
· Conduct plant trials and product
· Develop realistic project timelines in
coordination with marketing and the R&D Manager.
· Sporadic to frequent travel, including
flying to all parts of the U.S., possibly overseas, and driving a company
or rental automobile, as needed.