Brewing Manager (1828) - Boston, MA
FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR CAREER...
· Ensure all brewery employees and procedures meet Boston Beer safety standards.
· Responsible for all aspects of brewing operations, including utilities, raw materials, safety, personnel and training and maintenance (excludes packaging).
· Works closely with the Product Development Manager to coordinate brewing schedule with production and new product development needs
· Manage process and formulation of BBCO products to hit target specs or product development needs
· Responsible for successful transition of all final recipes to Production Breweries. Develop beer transition documents and coordinate communication with internal customers to support recipe scale-up.
· Perform brewery audits to ensure quality, consistency and repeatability of brewing
· Manages/conducts quality checks, process audits of Boston Brewery to ensure adherence to BBC quality standards
· Continually makes efforts to match quality and process capability of BBC production breweries in pursuit of more streamlined recipe transitions
· Develop reports on brewing execution, quality and exceptions. Put systems in place to improve process controls
· Initiates and implements capital projects related to above, and to ongoing needs of BBC Innovation effort
· Responsible for all TTB and compliance related documentation
· Responsible for sanitation of the brew house and cellars to assure compliance with GMPs and BBC Safety guidelines
· Provide timely update on process and formulation, material utilization etc to BBC finance contact
· Recruit, hire, supervise and review performance of direct reports and develop staff professionally and technically to meet goals
· Participate in daily taste panel. Completes appropriate sensory training.
· Traveling when necessary to production facilities
· Providing technical direction and mentoring to and/or supervising other technical professionals on staff
· Staying current with technical Brewing literature and information about sensory evaluation
· Support PR, Brand, and Marketing as needed
· BS required in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other scientific-related discipline, Masters a plus
· Formal Brewing Education required
· 6-8 years of related industry experience
· Willingness to travel 20-30%
· Must possess the technical skills to work in a lab, pilot plant, and production scale Brewing environments
· Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and influence effectively
· Must have project management skills and be able to work under tight timelines
· Must be highly organized and able to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve
· Must enjoy working in a cross-functional environment
· Must have a strong desire for results and ability to bring projects to completion
· Prior experience with flavors is a plus
To apply, please click here
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org