Sr. Food Scientist - Frozen Foods – Omaha, NE
· Job ID:108
· Major:Food Science or related
Food Technol/Scientists, Research & Development
Labtech is a highly specialized recruiting firm that concentrates our efforts primarily on the placement of scientific professionals. We serve clients in the clinical, pharmaceutical, food & beverage and medical industries, to name a few. We have been in business for over 15 years and have established a reputation for providing high-caliber candidates in the industries that we serve. Our client base is diverse and strong, and provides our candidates with a wide array of opportunities within multiple scientific disciplines. We are currently seeking candidates for Sr. Food Scientist, for our client, a global leader in the manufacture & marketing of a variety of food products.
Job Summary: Independently researches, conducts experiments, gathers data, develops preliminary findings and prepares written reports to result in new/improved products, cst savings and unique technologies providing business advantages. Design and implement all technical aspects of projects to ensure that all projects proceed according to plan. Selects appropriate methods, tests and procedures for testing. Assesses feasibility of new ideas and provides plan for development. Leads and directs the work of other Scientists.
* Continuous technical and competitive reconnaissance to identify opportunities for competitive market advantage.
* Provide judgment and experience to assure that an appropriate level of technical common sense and discipline are being employed and utilized in business decisions.
* Demonstrate ability to propose and persuade new research direction to address the business needs of the corporation.
* Continually increase level of expertise in area of specialization.
* Identify and develop research programs to exploit an emerging technology for significant business results.
* Identify and develop research programs to drive cost optimization through formulation and processing efficiencies, create new prototypes for product development initiatives and to identify and approve potential ingredient and manufacturing suppliers.
Requirements: * BS in Food Science or related field plus a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience required, or MS in Food Science or related field plus 3-5 years relevant work experience, or PhD in Food Science or related field plus 1-3 years relevant work experience preferred.
* Experience with product development of frozen foods - minimum 3 years.
* Project management experience required.
* People management experience required.
* Frequent travel including flying to all parts of the U.S., possibly overseas, and driving a company or rental automobile 4 to 6 hours as needed.
* Exposure to manufacturing processes and equipment for periodic extended workdays.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com