We make it our mission at Sara Lee to "Simply delight
you...every day." Our brands make up one of the world`s best-loved
portfolios of innovative food, beverage, household, and body care products.
Our leading, trusted brands include Ambi Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts,
Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi, Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo.
Collectively, these brands generate nearly $13 billion in annual net sales
as they delight millions of consumers every day in approximately 200
countries around the world. The global Sara Lee team consists of 41,000
This position is responsible for leading and ensuring the overall functions
of the Quality Assurance Department including, but not limited to: Quality,
Regulatory, Food Safety and the Microbiology laboratory. This includes
accountability for monitoring and ensuring a high standard of food processing
sanitation at the pre-operational and operational stages of production. The
incumbent manages, monitors and achieves high standards within the
following areas: Quality, SQF/HACCP, SSOP, Labeling, Regulatory,
Microbiology and Chemistry ensuring that operations has a consistent
understanding of quality programs and actively participates in process
improvement designed to achieve quality and company goals. The QA Manager
directs the monitoring of sanitation with recorded pre-operational
inspections, recorded microbial analysis of equipment, notifications of
physical plant deficiencies and evaluation of the overall effectiveness of
plant clean up. The incumbent manages the reporting results of all required
quality assurance tests. These tests may include slicing temperatures,
slicing weights, cook temperatures, product net weights and packaging
consistency. This position directs the monitoring of adherence to product
specifications and proper processing procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implementation and continuous improvement of in-plant programs.
* Compilation and review of data for trends and deviations followed by
reporting execution (with operations) of corrective and preventative
* Shared ownership with operations management of product and processing
* Manage accountability to the front line, ensuring immediate reaction and
resolution to situations.
* Execution of Sara Lee programs as appropriate with feedback on continuous
* Manage process and program improvement to help meet KCK and Operations
goals (i.e. yields, micro standards, etc.).
* Actively participate in new product and new process development and
implementation acting on behalf of KCK plant as liaison to corporate
* Maintain measurement systems, process control programs and auditing
processes, as tools to verify that customer expectations are being met.
* Channel customer feedback to appropriate levels on the plant floor.
* Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal customers
and with USDA personnel.
* Implement SQF Level 3 certification.
* Manage SQF programs.
* Lead and drive Statistical Process Control throughout the facility.
* Maintain awareness of, and compliance with, all applicable Sara Lee
* Performs special projects as assigned.
* Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Food, Meat Science or
related field. Master`s degree a plus
* Prior management of food safety and quality programs.
* HACCP certification required.
* USDA/Meat industry experience required.
* Ability to be resourceful, demonstrate business acumen, creative thinking
skills and be able to act as a decision maker.
* Exceptional leadership qualities.
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated results orientation.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, lean thinking and statistical process
* Demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* SQF Certification preferred.
At Sara Lee, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That`s
why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your
career. With the resources of a global corporation and direct
responsibility to make it happen, you can be confident that you`ll always
be able to perform your best and be recognized for it. At Sara Lee, the
difference is you.
The Sara Lee compensation program is designed to provide you with
comprehensive, flexible benefits that enable you to select those features
that best fit your needs. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, short and long term
disability, retirement plans, and tuition reimbursement.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer