Quality & Food Safety Director – Pennsylvania
· Job ID:
· Major:Food Science or related.
· Salary:Not Specified Why?
Our client, a very high quality food processor, is again growing and now seeking an innovative and aggressive Quality & Food Safety Director:
Quality and Food Safety Director
This position is responsible for the Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Sanitation functions for all company facilities. The position is responsible for driving continuous adherence and improvement of the facilities HACCP and GMP programs. This also includes the Food Safety Plan (HACCP) as well as the prerequisite programs that are the foundation for effective HACCP. This role ensures that incoming materials and products produced are safe, wholesome and of good quality by establishing and maintaining food safety and quality auditing procedures and programs.
Lead HACCP team and SQF (Safe Quality Food) certification. Drive food audits, coordinate and participate in trials for raw materials, packaging and new products. Analyze and report trends in raw, package, finished product and consumer data. Assist production in controlling quality with appropriate test procedures and frequencies on the line and auditing of finished products. Direct and coordinate sanitation actions. Lead and deploy quality and food safety training and education programs.
1. Lead integration of the current quality assurance and food safety processes into one integrated process. This includes HACCP, regulatory audits, quality systems review process, standard operating procedures (SPO), incoming ingredient inspections, food safety audits, field complaints, standardized work instructions.
2. Develop and execute SQF (Safe Quality Food) plans to maintain a SQF Level 2 Certification at all facilities.
3. Manage finished product evaluations and provide leadership to drive improvements in key customer quality attributes.
4. Train and maintain all training records for critical food safety and quality requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all associates.
5. Oversee monitoring, verification and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facilities meet quality standards.
6. Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes.
7. Establish and manage the cleaning activities of all sanitarians, ensuring all manufacturing processes meet food safety requirements in a timely manner.
8. Represent the Company in all customer, agency and supplier forums.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or other science related fields.
6+ years of progressive food processing experience with at least four (4) years of supervisory or management experience. Working knowledge of HACCP, USDA, FSIS requirements.
You must be a Permanent Resident of the USA or be a Green Card holder to be considered for this position.
This is a growth opportunity.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com