Food Safety Process Supervisor
RF Biocidics - Vacaville, CA 95687
Created on Feb 07, 2012
RF Biocidics is a
fast-growing company providing an environmentally friendly, chemical-free
alternative for disinfection (pasteurization) and disinfestation of food and
other products. We are currently seeking a Facility Food Safety Process
Supervisor for our ATC Facility.
· Overseeing food safety process
· Responsible for ensuring compliance and adherence to all food safety requirements and regulations
· Responsible for implementing and reinforcing best practices, conducting audits of practices, policies and procedures, preparing procedures for operators to follow, and the overall day-to-day operations.
· Implementing operational excellence including as a first step standardized operational procedures: all aspects of food treatment processing including customer satisfaction & support
· Under the direction of the Process Development Manager actively participate in tests, development programs, lab investigations and product assessments.
· The ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals and achieve results.
· Evaluate and implement opportunities to improve efficiency, production and plant safety
· Develop, design and plan equipment and machine layouts
· Optimize relationships between all functional areas of the business.
· Direct and coordinate operations within the scope of company policies and procedures.
· Establish strategic and implement operational plans
· Develop, design and plan equipment and machine layouts, workflow and safety precautions to maximize utilization of manufacturing facilities
· Develop and improve workplace design and efficiency
· Initiate and evaluate plant projects through cost-value analysis
· Evaluate opportunities for efficient resource utilization and cost reduction
· Streamline delivery timelines and implement documentation control
· Proactively keep abreast of food industry news related to ingredients or product technology
· BS in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related degree
· Experience in pasteurization, food sanitation or similar agricultural/food treatment service, especially in the nut/almond industry
· Knowledge of federal regulations and government agencies (FDA, USDA), state and local agency Experience in food processing equipment and/or food safety industry
· Supported Mechanical Maintenance operations of plant Supervision (i.e. mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical maintenance and repair of machinery)
· SOP's, safety procedures & rules, environmental practices, and GMP guidelines
· Computer literate: Microsoft applications: (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Experience with all applicable food processing safety and regulatory guidelines including the approvals process
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); ability to maintain communication with outside agencies
· Statistical and data analysis capabilities; ability to train and educate personnel on process improvements
· Technical skills in testing methodologies and familiarity with product development processes; knowledge of food safety, quality systems, processing and packaging systems
· Work well within team structure - strategic influencing - can sell ideas and articulate business benefit of functional initiatives
· Demonstrated ability to understand how product attributes relate to manufacturing capabilities and control
· Leadership skills to direct technical initiatives, with the ability to work across functions
· Minimum 5+ years of experience in sales and/or business development in a food or agriculture related industry
· Minimum 10 years of experience in a food processing or plant management environment
· Minimum 5+ years of supervisory/staff management experience
· Experience with quality improvement techniques and tools
· Experience developing, implementing and conducting quality audits
Safety, Health & Environment:
· Must follow safety, health and environment guidelines set forth by the company
· Work will require some lifting and physical activity as well as occasional visits to other RFB locations.
Easily apply to this job with Indeed Apply.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com