SUMMARY: The Food Scientist
is responsible for the formulation of new and existing products, maintaining
records of procedures and results of laboratory and plant trials. The
Food Scientist analyzes data, develops ingredient specifications, and works
directly with customers on new products and reformulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
• Formulates new thermally processed food products including preparation
of lab samples, sourcing raw materials and ingredients.
• Develops formulas and conducts laboratory trials of formulas.
• Manages development and reformulations with customers.
• Sets up and monitors plant scale-ups.
• Maintains records of procedures and results of plant trials.
• Cost reduction and product improvement of existing products through
formulations and process improvements.
• Processes pilot or full-scale retort equipment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Food Science or related field.
• Five to ten years of food related R&D experience and/or training.
• Experience with a range of thermally processed products including
meats, chilis and soups a plus.
• Computer skills including spreadsheets and data analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced mathematical and reasoning skills