Job ID: 6541
Location: Tampa, FL
At C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. our roots run deep. In
1905, Charles Henry Robinson started a small produce brokerage that
developed the traditions and standards of service that shaped the Fortune
500 Company we are today. As a global provider of multimodal transportation
and produce services, we are headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN and operate
through a network of more than 7,000 employees in more than 235 offices in
the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Asia, South America, Australia,
and the Middle East. We are the largest third party logistics (3PL) company
in North America, and our services extend to more than 35,000 customers
globally, ranging from other Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in a
variety of industries.
Our people are our greatest asset and create a unique
corporate culture that has built strong relationships with customers around
the world. They execute our tradition of service on a daily basis and take
pride in sustaining our dynamic leadership in the transportation logistics
industry. You'll feel the energy the moment you step into one of our
branches. That energy is what inspires us to find motivated individuals to
join us in our quest to find solutions, develop innovative technology, and
provide exceptional service to our customers.
The Food Safety Specialist will ensure that all established
C.H. Robinson Corporate Food Safety protocols, practices, standard
operating procedures (SOPs) and training requirements are administered and
properly documented in all of the CH Robinson facilities.
- Lead potential recalls and product withdrawals in concert
with the Corporate Commodity Management Team as they relate to product
shipped from CHR facilities.
- Lead customer conversations (& visits)
relative to food safety policies & practices.
- Monitor all personnel and business activities
for total compliance with CHR Food Safety & Food Defense policies.
- Independently determine, write and implement
customerís specific food safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with critical Food Safety
- High-Risk Food Item Handling & Control
- Allergen Control
- Management of all sanitation activities on the
Master Sanitation Schedule:
- Review sanitation documentation daily for
completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure that appropriate materials and tools are
available to perform all activities.
- Conduct Production staff new hire orientation
training for all CHR Food Safety policies:
- Provide ongoing Food Safety training on a
quarterly (at minimum) basis.
- Develop and maintain SSOPs for all Production,
material handling and facility support equipment, as well as physical
facility equipment, exterior and grounds.
- Train Sanitation Crew members on all Sanitation
Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Schedule and oversee any third-party audits of
the CHR facilities.
- Maintain and monitor facility equipment Planned
- Ensure that all materials/supplies used in
maintenance functions are food grade/food safe
- Conduct regularly scheduled Food Safety Program
- Mock Recalls
- Chemical Inventory and Usage Tracking
- Potable water testing
- Microbial swabbing/testing of food contact
- Oversee product Shelf Life Sampling/Monitoring
on all items packed in-house.
- Monitor Operations documentation and inventory
transaction accuracy for Country of Origin Legislation (COOL) compliance.
- Review all food safety documentation for
compliance, completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain control of all facility related food
safety manuals, logs, training documentation.
- 2-4 years of experience in the produce or a food related
- Ability to travel between facilities 25% of
time or more based on business needs
- Strong ability to engage in dialogue with
customerís food safety professionals Ė via telephone, in person and in
- Effective communication with multiple teams,
emphasizing urgency in resolving issues or concerns
- Demonstrate strong and sound decision making
- Ability to determine which newly discovered
industry practices could/should be implemented within the facilities
- Degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of produce varieties, grades,
conditions and defects
- Prior experience with food safety inspection
testing procedures and techniques
- Position based in Tampa FL.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, and
vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation,
disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit
sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a
growing Fortune 500 company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action Employer