The candidate for this position will interact with a cross-functional
team on the development and improvement of new and existing products.
He/she will execute experimentation in laboratory, pilot plant, and
manufacturing environments. The individual will gain working knowledge on
recipe development, food processing, quality improvement, and consumer databased decisions. Successful candidates will have a
technical understanding of food formulation, processing, and quality
assurance procedures. A general awareness of government regulations, basic
statistics, culinary arts, and nutrition would be useful.
Activities performed daily may include:
- Prepare recipe formulations on new or improved products.
- Run experimental batches, both at the laboratory and pilot plant
- Insures all products under development conform to quality
procedures for product safety and integrity.
- Solve technical problems through search of scientific literature,
outside suppliers, or other sources of technical information.
- Communicate technical results both verbally and written to
- Some physical labor will be required including lifting up to 50 lbs, cleaning of laboratory and pilot shop equipment
and handling of shipments of finished products to customers.
have a partial completion of a BS Food Science, Food Technology, or
Chemical Engineering degree (Sophomore/Junior at minimum).
- Graduate students will also be considered.