Food Safety Auditor – Seattle, WA
GFTC's growing business has career opportunities for FOOD SAFETY AUDITORS.
The Guelph Food Technology Centre (GFTC) (www.gftc.ca) is a world leader in food industry solutions. We help our clients compete globally by strengthening the very foundation of their businesses: their products, processes and people. At GFTC, we work with companies along the entire food value chain. Each year, GFTC assists over 1,500 companies and trains more than 3,600 people. We provide confidential services in food safety and quality consulting and auditing, training, product development, packaging, labeling and sustainability.
Food Safety Auditors are home based and travel within North America to clients' sites such as food processors, food distributors, packaging facilities, and agricultural facilities.
· Conduct Food Safety and Quality Audits: Full range of Food Safety & Quality audits, including Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), second party, and third party schemes. Standards include: SQF, BRC, and CanadaGAP.
· Enhance Audit Delivery: Using internal and external procedures, guidelines, and other reference documents to provide timely, accurate reports and results. Ensure appropriate application of audit standard or scheme.
· Verify Implementation: Assess and approve corrective actions as compliant with standard and client requirements.
· Plan and Organize: Ensure annual inspection itineraries allow for the completion of all audits and accommodate new business and postponements.
· Continuous Learning: Expand knowledge through training and one-on-one calibration sessions on existing and new audit standards. Participate in Food Safety and Quality Audits as an observer or trainer.
What's on Your Resume?
· Graduation from an accredited college or university, preferably with a B.Sc. in science or field of study related to food safety.
· For 5-10 years you have been gaining experience in food processing or in a quality assurance position related to food safety in a food plant.
· Certification as a consultant or auditor in at least GMP/HACCP, and ideally in one of the GFSI benchmarked standards, preferably SQF and/or BRC.
· In-depth working knowledge of the manufacture of multiple categories of food and ingredients.
· Experience performing audits in more than one program area and/or ability to train auditors.
· Ability to work independently from remote location with minimal supervision.
· Excellent verbal communication skills, writing abilities, and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Strong organizational skills to develop travel itineraries, make travel arrangements, and travel to inspection sites.
· Physically able to safely function in a manufacturing plant environment, including ascend heights as determined by equipment and processes; able to bend, crawl and move safely and freely around machinery and building without assistance; able to inspect equipment, identify insect and other pests, and to prepare inspection notes and reports.
· Ability to speak French or Spanish would be an asset.
Only responses received via email will be considered. No phone calls, faxes, agencies, or drop-in's please. We thank all applicants for your interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com